SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Finally had a chance to set this up. It's pretty amazing to be able to speak to Sage via Alexa! Thanks for your work on this.

I did have a small issue with entering my locator ID. The first time I started, Alexa told me that I had already entered 10 digits for the ID. When I asked "what's the locator?" she spelled out "NO_LOCATOR". After telling her to reset the locator, it was reset to the same value. I ended up having to say "no" multiple times for her to erase the "NO_LOCATOR" characters so that I could enter my real locator ID.

Otherwise, I'm having a lot of fun talking to Sage.
I'll look through the log files to see why that happened. I believe it was due to a bug in there that caused some of the database to get corrupted. I have fixed the bug but some of the corrupted entries were not fixed.

Thanks for your feedback. This is a work in progress that should improve as Amazon rolls out new functionality (and fixes) to their developer platform.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

To whoever was searching for recordings by genre: I see why it failed and will try to get a fix out shortly.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Will UK alexa support come?
Old 02-19-2017, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukka View Post
Will UK alexa support come?
I'm not sure Many of the features that I use are only available in US skills. Amazon has also made it unnecessarily difficult to copy one config (US) to another (any other language).

Also, I have only two requests from UK users for the skill.

Sorry.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Any luck on SSL? My kids were asking about using the Echo to control the TV the other day
Old 04-12-2017, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Any luck on SSL? My kids were asking about using the Echo to control the TV the other day
Sorry, no. I have done nothing with Sage development lately. Been real busy at work and you know what they say about making hay.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Sorry, no. I have done nothing with Sage development lately. Been real busy at work and you know what they say about making hay.
No, but Google knows . Understood, the kids just think everything should be hooked up to the Echo now and reminded me about that. Although it's a mixed bag as the more things you can control with it the more ways the kids find to annoy each other with it. Kid 1: Alexa play show tunes. Kid 2: Alexa play let the bodies hit the floor. (Repeat until Alexa gets unplugged.) Or, Kid 1 (when kid 2 is downstairs with friends): Alexa turn off the downstairs lights.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
No, but Google knows . Understood, the kids just think everything should be hooked up to the Echo now and reminded me about that. Although it's a mixed bag as the more things you can control with it the more ways the kids find to annoy each other with it. Kid 1: Alexa play show tunes. Kid 2: Alexa play let the bodies hit the floor. (Repeat until Alexa gets unplugged.) Or, Kid 1 (when kid 2 is downstairs with friends): Alexa turn off the downstairs lights.
Man, can I relate to that!
I removed all lights from alexa control for that reason. But if they aren't going back and forth over what to play, one is just purposely talking loudly while the other is giving an instruction so that alexa gets confused. "Sorry, I can't find 'my I don't favorite want songs to hear playlist music right now' in your music."
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have a friend who has an Alexa in his home and whenever a bunch of us get together at his place all his "friends" try to mess with his Alexa getting it to do annoying things.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Hopefully you will be able to use a custom wake word in the near future to prevent all of these kinds of things from happening.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Hopefully you will be able to use a custom wake word in the near future to prevent all of these kinds of things from happening.
wouldn't that be intelligent? Even if Amazon supplied a selection of 50, at least the odds would decrease for unwanted deliveries
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-17-2017, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I know this guy pretty well, so I'd just have to go through Disney references starting with his favorite of the 7 dwarfs which he uses to name things quite often.
What they need is true voice recognition so it will only respond to the voices of people who have been set up to be able to control the devices.
Then they need a security level that you can set up for controls/groups of controls. That way the kiddies can control their stuff, but can't do things like delete SageTV recordings.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

I pre-ordered the Echo Show. Once the updated development kit comes out I'll work on streaming video to the device. Early indications are that I'll just have to give it a URL to stream from and it will automatically handle the voice controls for things like play, pause, stop, etc.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for making this skill! Voice control of Sage is something I have been wanting for a long time. I noticed in the wiki that the search feature is limited to "genre" only. Is this still the case? I would think being able to search for a title of a show in the guide would be something very useful for many Sage users. Searching by typing with a remote is a PITA. Thanx!
Old 06-01-2017, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
Searching by typing with a remote is a PITA. Thanx!
I agree. When I need to search I use the web interface on my phone and then use that to initiate playback of the file as well.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is nice, but I have google home. Anyone working on an integration? I can test!
Old 06-02-2017, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
Thank you for making this skill! Voice control of Sage is something I have been wanting for a long time. I noticed in the wiki that the search feature is limited to "genre" only. Is this still the case? I would think being able to search for a title of a show in the guide would be something very useful for many Sage users. Searching by typing with a remote is a PITA. Thanx!
This should be possible but there is bug in the Amazon API that prevents me from doing it. Once the bug is fixed I will work on it some more.

I know I will not have time until late summer.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelicanjoe View Post
This is nice, but I have google home. Anyone working on an integration? I can test!
I thought about this but really don't have the time

Old 06-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great! Thanx!
Old 06-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

This looks interesting...

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/08/...deo-streaming/