SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

If your using windows the problem is not a driver issue as the problem you are posting images about happens all the time to me as well.

When you install the cards in your pc for the first time you need to let windows update download the needed drivers as if I remember right the things showing up as not recognized usually get the drivers from windows update and if I remember right it's like vga adapter drivers or some other thing that tells your pci slot you put the card in on how to treat the card.

Once that takes place you may have to reboot and then install the newest drivers for your video cards as usual.

If your still having problems try uninstalling the tuner card drivers then go in to you device manager and see if scan for hardware changes fixes that problem.

This problem usually happens when people install the cards and don't let windows install the right drivers to recognize the cards after they install them and try installing the drivers on the hauppage site first.

I ran into it a lot but have swapped and updated my tuner cards so much I am used to seeing it happen if I don't follow the right steps when I change my cards or upgrade.

Hope that helps and fixes the unrecognized hardware problem I think which may be what your experiencing from the jpgs I saw.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
Thanks, Do you think this will ever be handled in SageTV, as this sounds like a foundational (deep code) issue.
The little bit of poking around I did on it at one point looks like it probably is a .dll file that needs to be reworked and recompiled. It's been awhile and I don't remember which one at this point.

It does appear that the native code that SageTV is using for the Hauppauge tuners is hard coded to look for no more than 2 tuners, so tuner 3 and 4 would get passed as a result. But I'm not entirely sure I was looking in the correct parts of the code base. As I didn't have a setup such that I could alter, compile, and test, I never verified anything on that front.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monedeath View Post
The little bit of poking around I did on it at one point looks like it probably is a .dll file that needs to be reworked and recompiled. It's been awhile and I don't remember which one at this point.

It does appear that the native code that SageTV is using for the Hauppauge tuners is hard coded to look for no more than 2 tuners, so tuner 3 and 4 would get passed as a result. But I'm not entirely sure I was looking in the correct parts of the code base. As I didn't have a setup such that I could alter, compile, and test, I never verified anything on that front.
Yes SageTV need be reworked and it not hard coded, Even Beyond TV see the card and it works out of the box.
Do keep in mind that the TBS Technologies is using 4 single interface for 1 tuner/1 demodulator where Hauppauge using 1 CX23888 interface which is a dual port interface for 2 tuner/2 demodulator that why SageTV doesn't see all them due to the way SageTV look at the graph.
So instead of it looking at the WDM Streaming Captre Device or Video Capture Sources
Hauppauge WinTV 885 Video Capture
Hauppauge WinTV 885 Video Capture 2

Or what ever filter that it using it should be looking at the this
BDA Receiver Components
Hauppauge WinTV-WinTV 885 TS Capture
Hauppauge WinTV-WinTV 885 TS Capture
Hauppauge WinTV-WinTV 885 TS Capture 2
Hauppauge WinTV-WinTV 885 TS Capture 2
or BDA Source Filers
Hauppauge WinTV 885 ATSC Tuner/Demod
Hauppauge WinTV 885 ATSC Tuner/Demod
Hauppauge WinTV 885 ATSC Tuner/Demod 2
Hauppauge WinTV 885 ATSC Tuner/Demod 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quadhd-1.jpg (105.0 KB, 552 views)
File Type: jpg quadhd-2.jpg (111.4 KB, 447 views)

Last edited by SHS; 01-30-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

On a personal note I hope someone looks in to updating the code to fix the problem as even though I can get 6 tuners to show up with some other programs like sagetv, I never liked the interface on them or they were not as simple to setup as sage and hence why I keep going back to it even though it only sees 3 out of the 6 possible tuners it has access too

Mind you even with all 6 tuners running on other programs , when I try using more then 3 tuners to record 6 channels at once some of the streams tell me the recordings were unwatchable and not sure if that is due to my pc being an old pc and not being able to handle that many at once or what but that is just my experience with the QuadHD tuner and maybe others got it working great using better equipment
Old 01-29-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
On a personal note I hope someone looks in to updating the code to fix the problem as even though I can get 6 tuners to show up with some other programs like sagetv, I never liked the interface on them or they were not as simple to setup as sage and hence why I keep going back to it even though it only sees 3 out of the 6 possible tuners it has access too

Mind you even with all 6 tuners running on other programs , when I try using more then 3 tuners to record 6 channels at once some of the streams tell me the recordings were unwatchable and not sure if that is due to my pc being an old pc and not being able to handle that many at once or what but that is just my experience with the QuadHD tuner and maybe others got it working great using better equipment
What your system spec list of all hardware or make and model of that system and list device install on it.*