SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
That's true, I did. I haven't had time to do much of anything with it. I'm happy to hand it over or make updates if there are specific things that need to change.
How hard would it be to get the /apps page working with JAVA 8?
Old 09-18-2016, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
How hard would it be to get the /apps page working with JAVA 8?
It basically requires a new jetty server which is a fairly big deal. I have an updated Jetty server running in dev environment, but it's a pretty big undertaking.... it will happen eventually.

"/apps" doesn't do much except show you a list of apps in a nice way... you get they same info, in an ugly way, if you use "/" and you can bookmark pretty easily in a browser (which is actually what I use instead of /apps, even in Java 7)
Old 09-18-2016, 07:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It basically requires a new jetty server which is a fairly big deal. I have an updated Jetty server running in dev environment, but it's a pretty big undertaking.... it will happen eventually.

"/apps" doesn't do much except show you a list of apps in a nice way... you get they same info, in an ugly way, if you use "/" and you can bookmark pretty easily in a browser (which is actually what I use instead of /apps, even in Java 7)
I don't mind ugly as long as I have a landing page with the links. Some recent plugin updates had me move to JAVA 8 . Unfortunately this is what I get using just /:

Code:
HTTP ERROR 403

Problem accessing /. Reason:

FORBIDDEN
Powered by Jetty://
Old 09-18-2016, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
I don't mind ugly as long as I have a landing page with the links. Some recent plugin updates had me move to JAVA 8 . Unfortunately this is what I get using just /:

Code:
HTTP ERROR 403

Problem accessing /. Reason:

FORBIDDEN
Powered by Jetty://
Interesting... When I do it I get this...

Code:
Error 404 - Not Found.

No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:
/ ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@51a83a0f{/,file:/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/static}
/GWTDownloadManager ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@36fa053b{/GWTDownloadManager,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/GWTDownloadManager.war}
/stream ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@b9e2855{/stream,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/MediaStreaming.war}
/phoenix-rest ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@4cb6d31{/phoenix-rest,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/phoenix-rest.war}
/sage ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@6f1c5ee4{/sage,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/nielm_sagewebserver.war}
/apps ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@3d42882d{/apps,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/apps.war}
/sagex ---> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context@59a7b0dc{/sagex,null}
/bmt ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@366e2143{/bmt,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/bmt.war}
/sagem ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@7b8271c7{/sagem,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/SageWebApp.war}
Error 403 means it not's letting you access it... not sure what that would be... could also be something that I've done on my sever a long time ago.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

In the SAGE_HOME/jetty/ directory, create a directory called static and then create an index.html file (ie, jetty/static/index.html) with the following....

HTML Code:
<html>
<head><title>SageTV Appliations</title></head>
<body>
<ul>
	<li><a href="/bmt">Batch Metadata Tools</a>
	<li><a href="/sage">Sage Web Server</a>
	<li><a href="/sagem/m">Sage Mobile Web Server</a>
	<li><a href="/sagex/api">SageTV API</a>
</ul>
</body>
</html>
That should provide a simple "apps" list for now.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Any idea how to capture logs that might say from where the permission denied came? I enabled jetty-logging.xml and it's logging a bit, but nothing related to the 403 error. The static page will work fine once I track down all the paths, but it would be nice to be able to see what links the server thinks it has.