SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Questions on show images

Are the GetShowImage or GetShowImageCount suppose to return anything? The only way I can get images for shows is using GetSeriesImage. Just curious if these are suppose to return anything? I am on version 9 with a valid license for guide data. I tried all the calls like "PosterTall" etc as well as a 0 on image count and they all return 0.

This is for shows in the guide not recorded or local yet if that matters.

thanks

SCP
Old 09-26-2016, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

I think availability is pretty limited. In most cases, there is no image provided for an individual episode, in which case Sage typically generated a thumbnail from a set timestamp into the program.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-27-2016, 08:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think availability is pretty limited. In most cases, there is no image provided for an individual episode, in which case Sage typically generated a thumbnail from a set timestamp into the program.
So to further this, there is really no way to get an image series or otherwise for allot (around 60% in my case) of livetv current airings? I find it odd this calls are there and they are empty.. I am guessing the provider Google used provided these images where as the SageTV provider doesnt?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeProject View Post
So to further this, there is really no way to get an image series or otherwise for allot (around 60% in my case) of livetv current airings? I find it odd this calls are there and they are empty.. I am guessing the provider Google used provided these images where as the SageTV provider doesnt?
Generally you will only get a thumbnail for movies. For episodes, you will mostly only get thumbnails from the associated SeriesInfo object if one exists for the series associated with the episodes. This was my observation on WarlockRipper when I was implementing the Schedules Direct support into the core. My understanding is that things are done this way to keep the size of the database objects down. Schedules Direct does provide episode photos, but they are vertical for some reason which really looks weird when it's literally a frame from a widescreens show, so I opted to not have them at all in my core implementation.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 10-27-2016, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Phoenix Fanart apis also provide episode specific fanart... But not sure it's used anywhere. I'l l likely be testing this out in the next few days myself.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Schedules Direct does provide episode photos, but they are vertical for some reason which really looks weird when it's literally a frame from a widescreens show, so I opted to not have them at all in my core implementation.
Ya I don't use schedules direct addon but I see the same I get some series images but very few unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Phoenix Fanart apis also provide episode specific fanart... But not sure it's used anywhere. I'l l likely be testing this out in the next few days myself.
Is this for unrecorded tv (ie livetv) care to share that call? I use the episode specific fanart for stuff that is scrapped already no issues using phoenix.fanart.GetEpisode() and phoenix.fanart.GetDefaultEpisode() but those don't scrap on demand correct? I am looking for a way to get stuff from the guide airings which are not recorded or already scraped.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeProject View Post
Ya I don't use schedules direct addon but I see the same I get some series images but very few unfortunately.

Is this for unrecorded tv (ie livetv) care to share that call? I use the episode specific fanart for stuff that is scrapped already no issues using phoenix.fanart.GetEpisode() and phoenix.fanart.GetDefaultEpisode() but those don't scrap on demand correct? I am looking for a way to get stuff from the guide airings which are not recorded or already scraped.
If the LiveTV is tuned, you should be able to use...

Code:
MediaFileAPI.GenerateThumbnail(MediaFile, seconds, w, h, outFile);
Phoenix uses this in it's VideoThumbAPI to generate video strips from a file. The catch of course is that the MediaFile must be a real file (ie, currently recording, or previously recorded)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't think we ever got video strips working for currently recording files. I seem to remember that it was just on the complete files for some reason...