SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I've seen times when SageTV got in it's own way at completing that task even with a "clean" shutdown, but I agree. If it's possible to ensure that all pending writes are written, it is strongly preferred. I can say because I worked around some of that, there is up to a 128k window of unwritten data that might be dangling at any given moment. The exception would be when the database is being rebuilt/compacted, but there are safeguards for that situation. The write mode used for the database causes writes to be immediately committed to disk, so you're likely safe in regards to everything SageTV intended to write.
IF it is getting told to shut down, and not just killed.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-25-2016, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
IF it is getting told to shut down, and not just killed.
Correct. Also, to clear up my first sentence, I've seen SageTV kill the file writer while it appeared to be trying to write out some final data.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 10-25-2016, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

So, some more playing around, and I have a method that seems to work for stopping opendct properly when the docker is told to stop via 'docker stop'... However, it appears that unraid doesn't do docker stop when you choose stop from the webui (as far as I can tell). Still going to dig further into this later, but out of time on it for now. I'm wondering if things were working 'okay' before, but my testing was stopping from unraid, and that might be the problem.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room