SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Gemstone for v9
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v9 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Something new I saw/found in the Video on screen display (where did come from?)

I only noticed this a few days ago... but, when I've been watching a TV show, and I have multiple episodes, and I get within a 1.5 minutes of the end, then I see an image pop up showing the episode with a count-down timer.

I have no idea where this came from, since, I run Gemstone, and I've never seen this before, and it only started happening a few days ago.

I don't mind it... but, I can't really do anything with the image... ie, I can't force it to play the next item and when the countdown timer is done, the current video stops playing, but it doesn't start playing the next episode... and there is a message the pressing back will make it dissappear (and it does).

Has anyone seen this... Any idea where it came from? I actually like it, but, I can't actually get it to play the next video
Old 10-12-2016, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I only noticed this a few days ago... but, when I've been watching a TV show, and I have multiple episodes, and I get within a 1.5 minutes of the end, then I see an image pop up showing the episode with a count-down timer.

I have no idea where this came from, since, I run Gemstone, and I've never seen this before, and it only started happening a few days ago.

I don't mind it... but, I can't really do anything with the image... ie, I can't force it to play the next item and when the countdown timer is done, the current video stops playing, but it doesn't start playing the next episode... and there is a message the pressing back will make it dissappear (and it does).

Has anyone seen this... Any idea where it came from? I actually like it, but, I can't actually get it to play the next video
I... don't think I've ever seen this. strange.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-12-2016, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I... don't think I've ever seen this. strange.
I'll try to take a picture if it happens tonight... maybe with a picture it'll make more sense... It looks like it's detecting that there is another episode, and showing a preview image of it, with a countdown timer... I asked Jusjoken and he said that it's not a Gemstone thing.

I like the concept... reminds me of netflix when you finish an episode it starts a countdown timer for the next one... except this does it within the last minute or so of the currently watched video.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh, it's certainly a good idea, and is probably coming in from some plugin, I just don't know which one. I'm thinking it would be something that should be enabled whenever playing from a playlist (like when you choose "Play xx unwatched episodes").

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room