SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Android Miniclient - No Video

I recently migrated to a Linux server and since then my miniclient only works while I am on my internal WiFi. If I try to use it outside my network, all I get is a black-screen.

This happens for both live TV and recorded content, the time bar advances as usual as if the video is playing. I don't know what I am missing, all the relevant ports are open

on my firewall so I am not sure where to look. Please help!
Old 12-04-2016, 02:20 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't believe the mini-client works via Internet. It's meant to be used on a local network. The mini-client was not designed with the Placeshifter features of encoding/decoding media.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx4me View Post
I recently migrated to a Linux server and since then my miniclient only works while I am on my internal WiFi. If I try to use it outside my network, all I get is a black-screen.

This happens for both live TV and recorded content, the time bar advances as usual as if the video is playing. I don't know what I am missing, all the relevant ports are open

on my firewall so I am not sure where to look. Please help!
Previous to moving to linux, it worked? Does any other client work (placeshifter, HD300, etc).
Old 12-04-2016, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I don't believe the mini-client works via Internet. It's meant to be used on a local network. The mini-client was not designed with the Placeshifter features of encoding/decoding media.
While I don't use it myselft (placeshifting)... It does work. I know others have used it in that way... and I had to fix a couple bugs early on, to enable it to work.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Does it have to stream the file in it's native format/bitrate?
Old 12-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It did work via the internet as I used it regularly when I had a Windows Server just a couple weeks ago.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Previous to moving to linux, it worked? Does any other client work (placeshifter, HD300, etc).
I haven't tried Placeshifter on the new server but HD300 works and so does the mini client within the network. Its just that from my office or other external networks it no longer works when it previously did.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx4me View Post
I haven't tried Placeshifter on the new server but HD300 works and so does the mini client within the network. Its just that from my office or other external networks it no longer works when it previously did.
try going into the MiniClient configuration and disable "Animations".
Old 12-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

I tried that, but it still doesn't work.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Does it have to stream the file in it's native format/bitrate?
No, at least on bitrate. I have been using the mini-client on my tablet quite a bit on the road/overseas lately with different WiFi capabilities. You can tell some transcoding is going on based on picture quality. The problem I have is with skipping...and when I get frustrated with that and just watch from an online source the picture quality is usually better. But I'd trade some blockiness for reliable skipping over commercials .