SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

How I Upgraded my entire system

I thought I would start this thread to post up my video's on my V9 upgrade path. I used the great works of many on this forum to complete my upgrade, so big thanks to them.

Big thanks to the programmers who are making V9 a viable solution in 2017 and beyond.

SageTV OpenDCT Conversion Part 1 (4K)
https://youtu.be/a9LSy6xkCBc

Upgrading to SageTV V9 With Schedules Direct Part 2 (4K)
https://youtu.be/j9e2eSRw5xQ
Old 02-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Sage

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Although, I did a complete re-install from scratch (server held by ransomware), the video helped me a lot. Thanks so much. I wish there were more of these.
Software - Win7 64 bit, SageTV 7.1.9, Java v6, HD100 firmware v20100212-0, HD200 firmware 20100909 0
Old 02-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

What is the point of uninstalling and then reinstalling SageTV7?

If going to uninstall SageTV 7 might as well go straight to SageTV 9 (clean install).

If you want to preserver your plugins etc then you do NOT want to uninstall SageTV 7 - you want to install SageTV 9 directly on top of it. With the latest installer this should work immediately....
Old 02-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Location: Stockton, CA - Most miserable city in the USA, SageTV makes it bearable
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post

If going to uninstall SageTV 7 might as well go straight to SageTV 9 (clean install).

If you want to preserver your plugins etc then you do NOT want to uninstall SageTV 7 - you want to install SageTV 9 directly on top of it. With the latest installer this should work immediately....
Could be for the codecs that are included with v7.
Client 1, 2, 3, and 4: HD200.
NAS: Synology DS220+ 8TB (Movie Storage)
Sage Add-ons: Jetty, Neilms Webserver (Jetty), Mobile Web, Play-On Plug-in, Comskip Plug-in
Old 02-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post

Sorry for the delay; as jarredduq mentioned it's the easiest way to get the MPEG decoder, and closed captioning in V9.

After my initial upgrade failed writing over my existing V7 installation, I didn't want or need to preserve any plug-ins, BUT when I moved my wiz.bin file over to the new installation and started up V9, most of my plug-in where again present under installed plug-ins.

I have no idea how or why that was happening, but it was indeed a brand new V7 and V9 installation (with absolutely fresh folders), and I didn't install any plug-ins.

This, as you can imagine, caused all manor of strange plug-in problems, and is the reason I brought up the entire plug-in removal thing.

As I mentioned at the end of the video to my audience, they may get away with a simple V9 over existing V7 installation without any problems, however with my setup it just wasn't the case.

Last edited by AlphaCrew; 02-25-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599 View Post
Although, I did a complete re-install from scratch (server held by ransomware), the video helped me a lot. Thanks so much. I wish there were more of these.
I'm so glad it helped. Thank you.