SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Best config for MiBox+ FLIRC (and maybe harmony)?

FLIRC arrived yesterday so I'm trying to get my head around the best way to set it up with the MiBox. Goal is to replace sage extenders in a few spots where i need to reduce the number of boxes, and preferably have the same functionality, meaning the Mi does not have enough buttons/remote commands out of the box. Need it to work with either the original sage remotes or harmony.

Am I better off programming the flirc with a full keyboard, then having it learn the IR commands from the orig remote? Or do I use one of the other cfg files like Kodi?

Has anyone packaged this up anywhere for download?

thanks
Old 04-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Very interested in your plan, because I have exactly the same need to replace some HD200/300s. What OS will you use? Any other bits of wisdom to share?

Thanks for blazing the trail. I'm that guy you hear chugging along behind you.
--John
Old 07-18-2017, 08:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
FLIRC arrived yesterday so I'm trying to get my head around the best way to set it up with the MiBox. Goal is to replace sage extenders in a few spots where i need to reduce the number of boxes, and preferably have the same functionality, meaning the Mi does not have enough buttons/remote commands out of the box. Need it to work with either the original sage remotes or harmony.

Am I better off programming the flirc with a full keyboard, then having it learn the IR commands from the orig remote? Or do I use one of the other cfg files like Kodi?

Has anyone packaged this up anywhere for download?

thanks
btrcp2000, How did you end up setting this up? I just purchased the same Mi box and Flirc and need to get my harmony remote configured. Did you create a configure file?
Old 07-18-2017, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a flirc connected to my mi box, but stopped using it. I find the included remote works very well once u get used to .

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-18-2017, 10:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I have a flirc connected to my mi box, but stopped using it. I find the included remote works very well once u get used to .
I think the wife will complain about having to learn a new remote so I'm going to program the remote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

I never followed through with programming once I learned that the mibox won't do vudu hdx, so it therefore won't be replacing the sage/Roku setups soon. It's perfect for rooms that just need sage though, like the treadmill and garage. I just pointed out to the wife that all we really do is move around the menus with th arrows anyway.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
I never followed through with programming once I learned that the mibox won't do vudu hdx, so it therefore won't be replacing the sage/Roku setups soon. It's perfect for rooms that just need sage though, like the treadmill and garage. I just pointed out to the wife that all we really do is move around the menus with th arrows anyway.
I just got the MI Box today so I'm still learning about it. My VUDU app says that it is streaming in HDX.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Interesting. Maybe there's an update I don't know about. It always gave me a nonhelpful error message with no detail. Haven't played with that in a while. I will probably need or eventually, will let you know if I learn anything.