SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

New Release of Miniclient (1.2.8)

It's been awhile, but I finally found some time this weekend to spend a few minutes on this.

Mostly been about updating the base libraries (ie, the UI libraries and the Player libraries), but there were a couple fixes/enhancements in there as well.

- Upgraded to IJKPlayer 0.8.0
- Upgraded to ExoPlayer r2.4.0
- Upgraded to LibGDX 1.9.6
- Add "Duplicate" connection action
- Each connection have a different client id
- Each connection can set stateful remote on/off (useful for testing Phoenix)
- Aspect Ratio update for larger non 16/9 screens
- Added support for GUIDE and INFO keys
- Added support for F1-F12 keys

The Update has been uploaded to bintray, and it'll take a few hours to get through the play store.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Immediate impressions: this version seems to animate faster (e.g. scrolling thru menus) and seek faster (noticeable with comskip). This is on an up-to-date Shield TV with IJKPlayer selected as the player.

Thanks stuckless!
Old 05-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Sage User

Am I a complete moron?
I have this installed on a Nexus 7 (the newer one), Samsung S7 Edge and a Minix Neo X8 Plus and none of them can play my 1080i TV recordings from my Colossus. I have audio, comskip bar on the bottom, but all video is black. Nearly all movies play fine, except the odd HD mkv.

Same recordings play great on HD300, SageTV client 7 & 9, all android video playing apps.

I finally upgraded my nearly 10 year old Sage server (XP, 2GB, E8400 Core 2 Duo) to Sage 9 (Win10,16GB,i7) and with this mini client, it seals the deal for whole home PVR goodness with android clients everywhere.

Stuckless, this is fantastic, thank you!
Old 05-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oatz,
I use the miniClient on my ASUS Zenfone2 and it plays my Colossus 2 recordings without problems. My current configuration uses Dynamic Streaming, IJK, IJK Software decoders, IJK Disable Hardware decoders.
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, I7-6700, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro x64, Hauppauge HVR-1600, WinTV-dualHD, Colossus 2, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Seagate 3TB, WD 3TB, 3TB, 5TB, Java v1.8.0_231, SageTVx64 v9.2.1.826, Samsung UN60EH6003F, Dish ViP222K, ViewHD 1x2 HDMI Splitter.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

stuckless, is there a way I can go back to the previous version of the miniclient? I have not been able to get it to work properly since the new upgrade (v1.2.8)
I'm using a nvidia shield 16gb. Ive tried all the different combinations of IJK,EXO,
It worked on the previous version
Old 05-30-2017, 09:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
Am I a complete moron?
I have this installed on a Nexus 7 (the newer one), Samsung S7 Edge and a Minix Neo X8 Plus and none of them can play my 1080i TV recordings from my Colossus. I have audio, comskip bar on the bottom, but all video is black. Nearly all movies play fine, except the odd HD mkv.

Same recordings play great on HD300, SageTV client 7 & 9, all android video playing apps.

I finally upgraded my nearly 10 year old Sage server (XP, 2GB, E8400 Core 2 Duo) to Sage 9 (Win10,16GB,i7) and with this mini client, it seals the deal for whole home PVR goodness with android clients everywhere.

What are you player settings? @Denali posted his player settings, do they match yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfofd View Post
stuckless, is there a way I can go back to the previous version of the miniclient? I have not been able to get it to work properly since the new upgrade (v1.2.8)
I'm using a nvidia shield 16gb. Ive tried all the different combinations of IJK,EXO,
It worked on the previous version
All previous versions can be downloaded from
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/sagetv/AndroidMiniClient

But, if you post actual issues with information about your hardware, player settings, and media file settings, we might be able to help figure out what is wrong.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
Am I a complete moron?

I have similar issue on my Nexus 7 tablet. Audio and SageTV UI elements are fine, but black video on playback.

Checking the "IJK: Disable Hardware Decoders" option "fixes" the issue.

Rick...
Old 05-30-2017, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stuckless, this version makes the SageMC UI work well on my tablet. Thanks much! And I can actually navigate logging in when off net as well, which the prior version seemed to have problems with.

I too get a black screen on playback though on my galaxy tablet accessing Sage remotely. Will try it on my locally attached Shield when I get home tonight.

Thx
mike
Old 05-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for the quick response
I am out but when I get I will send that info
thanks -
Old 05-30-2017, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickw View Post
I have similar issue on my Nexus 7 tablet. Audio and SageTV UI elements are fine, but black video on playback.

Checking the "IJK: Disable Hardware Decoders" option "fixes" the issue.

Rick...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnoboy View Post
Stuckless, this version makes the SageMC UI work well on my tablet. Thanks much! And I can actually navigate logging in when off net as well, which the prior version seemed to have problems with.

I too get a black screen on playback though on my galaxy tablet accessing Sage remotely. Will try it on my locally attached Shield when I get home tonight.

Thx
mike
Sadly, some of the hardware codecs on Android is very "flaky". I try to NOT to disable the hardware codecs, but all of my content is h264, and so far I've been lucky. But, I there are times on some phones, where I get the black screen, and if your phone can handle it (and you don't mind the battery drain), then disabling hardware helps.

As much as I try to like ExoPlayer, it's a hardware only player, and it's very strict. If I were creating a closed system it would be a no brainer to use ExoPlayer. I use IJKPlayer because it tends to play everything, even it does have to drop to software decoding from time to time.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I don't know if anybody else is seeing this. I am running 1.2.8 on the MiBox, and everything I play is at about 90% playback speed. It's really obvious because all of the voices are a little bit lower for everybody. I tried Defaults, ExpoPlayer, IJK.
Mike
Old 06-01-2017, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
I don't know if anybody else is seeing this. I am running 1.2.8 on the MiBox, and everything I play is at about 90% playback speed. It's really obvious because all of the voices are a little bit lower for everybody. I tried Defaults, ExpoPlayer, IJK.
Mike
I run the latest on the MiBox, every day, and I haven't seen this. There is an annoying issue with the MiniClient (all versions) that most shows will start in slo-motion video (it's a timing/buffer thing). If you press skip back, the video audio catches up and plays normally. Not sure if that is your issue here.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There is an annoying issue with the MiniClient (all versions) that most shows will start in slo-motion video (it's a timing/buffer thing). If you press skip back, the video audio catches up and plays normally. Not sure if that is your issue here.
I don't see this on HD200 or HD300 extenders or Placeshifter. Or do you just mean Android Miniclients?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I don't see this on HD200 or HD300 extenders or Placeshifter. Or do you just mean Android Miniclients?
Just the Android MiniClient.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I run the latest on the MiBox, every day, and I haven't seen this. There is an annoying issue with the MiniClient (all versions) that most shows will start in slo-motion video (it's a timing/buffer thing). If you press skip back, the video audio catches up and plays normally. Not sure if that is your issue here.
Weird, I powered it off, took it upstairs and plugged it into the Xbox One upstairs, and it works fine. I was messing with WiFi vs. copper via a dongle last week. Maybe something got screwy with networking or something. Anyways, looks good now
Old 06-01-2017, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Weird, I powered it off, took it upstairs and plugged it into the Xbox One upstairs, and it works fine. I was messing with WiFi vs. copper via a dongle last week. Maybe something got screwy with networking or something. Anyways, looks good now
I find the "when in doubt, just reboot" quit an effective problem solving technique. I use it quite often In fact, it's the first thing I ask my kids when the come to me with "the computer isn't working"
Old 06-02-2017, 03:56 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I should have known better, being such a fan of "the IT crowd "
Old 06-02-2017, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I should have known better, being such a fan of "the IT crowd "
Reminds me of the bomb squad episode.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

I finally got this working after updating to 7.19 and then 9. It is working on my LG G3 phone and my Galaxy A tablet. Both are running Android 6.0. I even got them to cast shows to my Roku stick (via screen mirroring). So now if my extender kicks the bucket (and it gave me a scare tonight), I have alternatives.

I'm having various other issues with the update from 6 to 9 in prep for the SD EPG, but this one difference is an enormous step forward in functionality. I can take my phone or tablet anywhere in my house and watch recordings just as I can on my computer with Placeshifter or my extender, plus casting to Roku in rooms without an extender or as an extender-replacement. Way, Way cool!
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
I finally got this working after updating to 7.19 and then 9. It is working on my LG G3 phone and my Galaxy A tablet. Both are running Android 6.0. I even got them to cast shows to my Roku stick (via screen mirroring). So now if my extender kicks the bucket (and it gave me a scare tonight), I have alternatives.

I'm having various other issues with the update from 6 to 9 in prep for the SD EPG, but this one difference is an enormous step forward in functionality. I can take my phone or tablet anywhere in my house and watch recordings just as I can on my computer with Placeshifter or my extender, plus casting to Roku in rooms without an extender or as an extender-replacement. Way, Way cool!
Glad it's working. I had no idea you could actually cast to the Roku. That is cool as well.