SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

After working for months, now Can't connect, no "TV" Menu Item

I converted to Sage on Unraid back at the end of March and all has been perfect until now.

We had a power failure and that's all I can think of that's happened. And when I turn on the TV computer Sage 9 doesn't come up with the "TV" menu item at all. Just "videos" And 0.0 GB Free next 48 hours 0 shows 0.0GB.

If I go to the Undraid\sagemedia\tv directory where I record TV I can see shows being recorded right now. So it seems to me the server is continuing to record TV shows. I can see a TV file being recorded right now and growing larger as well as 8 or 9 other shows that recorded today... in the directory.

Should I uninstall the Sage Docker and reinstall it? I'm at a loss. Please help. I can upload the sageTV logs from Unraid, although I'm not sure that really provides any details.

Last edited by dealsdyker; 09-04-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

SageTV was updated to a newer version recently. If you're using any full Windows clients, you might need to upgrade them to match the latest version.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 09-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you. That was it. I installed the new windows clients and they are both back in business.

I don't recall updating the docker but must have done it recently without thinking. That's what you're saying right? That I updated the docker? Because I don't think it auto-updates. I don't remember updating it though, but I must have?

EnterNoEscape... Thanks so much again!!
Old 09-04-2017, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsdyker View Post
Thank you. That was it. I installed the new windows clients and they are both back in business.

I don't recall updating the docker but must have done it recently without thinking. That's what you're saying right? That I updated the docker? Because I don't think it auto-updates. I don't remember updating it though, but I must have?

EnterNoEscape... Thanks so much again!!
If you start and stop the docker or reboot the unraid server it will update to the latest version unless you changed the default to not do that anyway.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

As Bob said it auto-updates when the docker is restarted. I use the Backup plugin that backs up all my dockers on a weekly basis - this shuts down all dockers while doing the backup so it forces a docker restart on a weekly basis which will get these upgrades. And doing a restart isn't a bad idea for "therapeutic" but there are fewer reasons to do that with Linux since you have 64 bit Java and SageTV seems to be more stable and use less memory on Linux.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

All has seemed great although starting last week I began getting call trace and out of memory errors on my unraid box. My Unraid server runs sage and one other docker.

I posted a thread on the Unraid support Site here.

While poking through the logs, I did find a bunch of activity in syslog.txt around Sep 19 09:26:41 which indicates comskip ran out of memory. What I don't know is if comskip is a symptom or victim so I just posted the log as is. As I am a noob at linux and didn't want to steer the experts there in the wrong direction with my logs.

But since I saw that comskip memory error I thought I'd crosspost here too.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

What I did to cure that on my unRAID box was establish a memory limit for the docker itself with the "--memory" command that was 2+ times the size I limited SageTV to have in its' configuration.

So I have the following on one server:
--memory="8G" in "Extra Parameters" for the docker configuration
3072 for "Java memory in MB" SageTV setting.

To change the Extra Parameters setting you have to turn on advanced mode
Old 09-30-2017, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

I think as a general rule of thumb, you shouldn't give java ALL memory, it will take it, and keep it, and potentially starve other processes (which is what it sounds like here). So if you have 4 gigs of memory for machine, give Java 1g. If you have 8, give is 2-3g, etc. Java will also have overhead, so telling it that it can use 2g means that it will likey use 2.5g of "real" memory, with 2g being allowed for apps. I don't actually set memory limits on my docker containers, but I have a 32g system and I run SageTV / Java at 3g and lots of others docker containers running as well. I've never seen an OOM error.