SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to willgill
Right click crashes Explorer

I can't 100% say that this is a SageTV issue but it started happening after I installed SageTV and the StreamZap software. I'm running WinXP Pro SP2. I recently purchased and installed the SageTV2+"Blackbird". Everything works fine except for when I use the mouse and right click on the "Start". Explorer then crashes.

After Explorer crashes, it reloads again except my SageTV and StreamZap IR software doesn't load in the lower right. However, I don't get the right click and crash without the SageTV and StreamZap IR software loaded.

If I never right click, I don't have a problem.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-23-2004, 06:08 AM
Sage Icon

ctrl + alt + delete, end task on stream zap, rightclick and see if it crashes. If it does not, do the same with streamzap loaded and sage not running. Is likely the streamzap as I have not seen this issue posted before. If its, try reloading.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think I've found my problem. It seems the latest WinRAR's shell integration doesn't like Windows XP Pro's Service Pack 2. I just disabled WinRAR's shell integration and so far so good.

Hopefully that'll also solve the problem of my StreamZap IR software dopping out.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Since you've got your original problem figured out, how about going OT

How's SP2 working for you with Sage? What decoders are you using? Video card? I ask because I installed SP2 recently and my Sonic decoders didn't seem to like it, video did a nasty jumping up and down thing.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

I have the last "version" of sp2 that came in the technet pack and it worked fine witht heintervideo and nvidia decoders. Although, I had to wipe that system for reasons unrelated to sage.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I actually think it was more that it broke DXVA on my Radeon than anything in the decoders, but I'm just curious because it seemed like it eliminated VMR9 tearing for me, but the jumping was far more annoying than any tearing I get now.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've got quite a bit of crap... err I mean periphs hooked up to my computer. I've loaded several iterations of SP2 and they all worked great except for the WinRAR minor issue and the fact that the new security check still doesn't see that I'm using Norton Antivirus. Thank God you can tell the Security Check that, yes, I do have an anti-virus, now quite monitoring it. My sig has some of my stuff, but here's a better list of everything on my computer that's all working with WinXP Pro SP2:

AMD Athlon 3000+ "Barton" on Chaintech Zenith MB
2x120Gig SATA WD HD's in RAID stripe
120 Gig Seagate HD for drive image backups (highly recommend Acronis True Image)
1Gig Crucial DDR
ATI Radeon 9800
Hauppauge Blackbird
Hercules Fortissimo 7.1 sound
DVD-Rom
Sony DRU510A DVD_+RW

Numerous USB devices all working with onboard USB and Belkin 7port hub:
MS Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
Logitech Extreme3D Pro Joystick
Nomad II MP3 player
Sony-Ericsson P800 cell/pda
Epson Perfection 1640SU
Epson R300 CD/DVD printer w/media reader
StreamZap IR receiver
Sony Digital 8 on Firewire
Veo webcam
APC 800VA UPS with USB parachute shutdown
I also have a serial cable working to my DCT2244 cablebox
Server: WinXPProSP2, Athlon64 4000+ Dual Core, ASUS NVidia Premium SLI MB, 2Gig DDR, 2xGeForce 7800GTX in SLI, 2x250G SATA HD's in RAID stripe, 250G SATA Video, 250G Backup HD, Onboard Realtek sound, PureVid 1.0.2.223, SageTV 6.3.8
HTPC: WinXPProSP2, AthlonXP 1700+, 1GigDDR, ATI Radeon 2400HD AGP with , Overlay, SageTV 6.3.8
iTreadmill: Media MVP with USRobotics wireless bridge.