SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
USB WinPVR & 250 PCI Card Any problems?

Heyas,

Another post from the annoying n00b...

I have my dinky Shuttle PC with just one PCI clot in it which is filled with a 250 card. I was wondering if anyone had any success witht he USB2 WinPVC Box from hauppage with this? Will it work as well as two 250 cards?

I know I should have got a mobo / case that had more slots, but for this setup to have WAF it needs to be cute, dinky and easy to use.

I'm plotting on having just the HTPC and my receiver on display, and my cable box hooked up to one encoder via S-Video and the other simply doing analog cable. The cable box will be tucked out of sight and controlled by a USB-UART

So getting to the point. Anyone seen any problems with this setup? Any adive?

Cheers,

Rob
Old 07-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Administrator

I have both a 250 & pvr-usb2 connected to one PC -- works fine for me. The pvr-usb2 is quite easy to install, since it doesn't require opening the case & probably not even a reboot. (At least I didn't need to reboot when I first installed it.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use both too, with no problem.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

One prob I've had with the USB2 all along is that occasionally it will record no audio or SAP (secondary audio programming). I suspect the times there is no audio it was also in SAP mode and there just wasn't any audio there for SAP.

Otherwise, normally my USB2 works very well. Just never found a solution to that occasional bug with the SAP stuff.

I've seen this mentioned in a few other posts, but don't know if anyone has ever found a solution or a driver that doesn't do it.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

Mls, have you seen post #13 ?
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

I don't have the dropped audio prob with the Roslyn. It's only the USB2 that does the feaky stuff with SAP and it's done that occasionally from day one even with Hauppauges WinTV2000 program.

I've gone thru 2 (or is it 3 now) driver upgrades for the USB2 so far. It doesn't do it as often now, but it still does occasionally.

I think it's a bug in the USB2 drivers themselves. When it doesn't record sound it probabily is trying to record SAP from a station that doesn't have any secondary audio (otherwise gets spanish or other junk).

Would be nice if there was a way to TOTALLY disable SAP for all the Hauppauge devices (especially since there's no way to change to the mode in SageTV even if you wanted to that I know of).
Old 07-24-2004, 10:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by mls
I don't have the dropped audio prob with the Roslyn.
I realize that but the property they are using was originally intended to work around a 350 issue. It seems resonable to me that if it worked for a Roslyn audio issue, it might work for you. You don't know if it would correct the problem if you don't try. It would be just a work around in any case.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by carlgar
You don't know if it would correct the problem if you don't try. It would be just a work around in any case.
Actually, I do know it won't correct the problem because it does it in WinTV2000 which doesn't even use the sage properties file at all.

It's some sort of glitch in the driver initializing the device for recording mode. Or, it could be some kind of glitch in my USB drivers too for that matter.

I just wanted to point out that it is a possible prob that might occur with the USB2 ever now and then (just in case it does they don't feel they are the only one having the problem).