SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy File Size Problem / Error / Issues During Record to DVD

Sometimes, when a show is recorded and I try to burn it to a DVD, the computer will lock up. This is regardless of whether SageTV is running or not. When importing video files into Sonic MyDVD, if the size used by the recording is not approximately the same size as the file(s) on the harddrive, this freeze will always occur. This is the only time this freeze occurs.

I have been able to change the files to VCD and have them record without much issue (but I don't like that).

I am having issues with my DSM-320 and I think this issue may be related. The mediaserver app will fail based on avcodex.dll issues when attempting to access certain files. I will test to determine whether these same weird files cause the problems, or whether it is a device issue (and an RMA followup).

Have any mediaMVP users seen this issue? Does it create problems during playback for the mediaMVP?

How can I fix this? Will VideoRedo fix the recorded file issues? I am running 2.0.20. Thank you.

Last edited by doncote0; 07-26-2004 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

***FIXED***

Fixed all issues with VideoReDo (cool program) using the Quickstream fix. One file still had a problem, but the issue was due to some A/V garbage at the beginning of the file. Once I figured out which file had the problem, I editted it and removed the garbage (about 1 second at the beginning of file).

The DSM-320 issues were related to these issues (which have all been resolved).

Last edited by doncote0; 07-27-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs down DSM-320 Nice But Not Ready

See forums.freytechnologies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=52248#post52248 for more information.

Last edited by doncote0; 08-03-2004 at 01:15 AM.