SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Sage User

Slow V/A

Hello all,
I am trying out Sage and am very impressed. Even got a huge WAF (she loves the EPG search by actor).

Little problem though. All my recordings seem slow. Like they are at 90% full speed. I don't detect any frame loss, just low voices but in sync. Any help would surely be appreciated.

Specs:
Capture is ATI E-Home wonder
Elecard video decoder (tried Intervideo also)
WinXP Pro on Athalon 2000
Video display is Rage S3 to LCD monitor

CPU usage during recording is super low (3-5%)

Playing the files in WMP or WINDVD has same results.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 07-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Sage User

Well, I found a little more towards this problem. I found if I record in something than other SVCD format, the recordings are fine. Unfortunatly, I want to be able to record to SVCD so my wife can just cut the commercials and burn.

Does this help at all? Is there any way to adjust these default settings?

Mike
Old 07-27-2004, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I would record at DVD quality then and just spend the time to reencode them to SVCD resolution so they will fit on a CD
or get the wife a DVD burner
I know you can get off brand DVD burners for under 50 dollars now
Old 07-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Sage User

That's what I'll do for now. I'll have her re-encode (should be able to make it simple for her). I'd get a DVD burner as they are cheap enough, but the media itself is too much. Hate the thought of buying DVDR's for one hour recordings of JAG.

Anyway, I found out some more info. Seems a problem with the E-Home wonder (drivers?). If I build a graph, all is well until I try to make audio 44.1K. The only selection is 44K no matter what I change. Can anyone tell me if this sounds like a hardware or driver issue? ATI has no publicly available drivers for the E-Home and the filters that came with it are from a company that Conexant bought out and they indicate Alpha versions. I hope I'm not stuck with it.....

Mike
Old 07-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Don't know if these will help, but here is the link for making custom recording quality settings.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Administrator

And, there are some examples of custom recording quality settings in this FAQ entry.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:58 AM
Sage User

Thanks for those links guys. I see my properties file has an entry for seeker for the SVCD I was using and it indicates 44100. I do not see a (or any for that matter) corresponding mmc/python entries. Are the default qualities encoder settings built in? I guess it can't hurt to add one but then do I need to make the corresponding enc entries for the default ones?

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 07-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Administrator

As far as I know, the default mmc/python2_encoding settings must be built in, since they are not in the properties file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.