SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to Cornelp
DVD Library Playback on Client System

I am trying to test all the software before I purchase it. So far I like everything, and specially the client.
I have one problem with the client when it comes to Video Library.

When I try to watch a recorded show or liveTV, everything work OK, no problems, everything KEWL (on the client and/or the server).
I backup the Kids DVD Movies because they mess up the DVDs pretty bad (ohhh kids). I want them to watch from the computer. I create the proper directories and backup the movie. When I try to watch a backup DVD movie from the server, it works WITHOUT any problems.

When I try to watch the Backup DVDs from the client, I get empty black screen, no errors, nothing. When I try to watch the recorded shows and/or liveTV from the client, it works without any problems.
The client works with everything except the DVD movies. It has the PowerDVD installed on the client, and I can play the same DVD Movie if I map the drive back to the server, but I cant play them from within SageTV Client. I have another 6 days left on the client, and I want to test EVERYTHING before I purchase it. I like the server and client, and almost all the features I want are there, but I want the DVD Movies to work from my Clients.

NOTE: I tried from a regular computer (P4, good video, etc etc) AND from a Laptop with Wireless 54G connection. They both work without a glitch except the DVD Movies. They just wont play on either of the systems, so it cant be the client PCs hardware. (or can it???, dont know).

Anyone has this problem or a way to fix it?
Or can anyone point me to the right place?
Is there a log I can look at?

I been searching the forums for the last 3 days, and honestly I am runnig out of time for the client, and want to make sure everything works before I purchase the software.

Thank You
Old 07-27-2004, 09:09 PM
SageTVaholic

turn off VMR9 rendering
set it to overlay and you should be fine
powerDVD(cyberlink) decoders do not work with VMR9
Old 07-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Sage User

I tried VRM9, Overlay, tried to change the DVD options on the CLIENT to the CyberLink decoders, tried default decoders, and still nothing.
Is there some other decoder that I have to install?
Can this be a video problem?
If it is a video problem, then the Recorded shows/mpeg2 files would not play, right???

Thank You...

Are there any other decoders that I should try?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

I had the same prob, but found the solution in this thread (look at post #10)

Quote:
Originally posted by gplasky
I think you want to use the unc path like lovingHDTV said. So on your server define the path as \\Servername\Movies. This should work so your client can play the ripped DVDs. And make sure that directory (or drive) is shared.
I have no idea why it needs to be a UNC path with sharing enabled for the client to play ripped DVD files, since that is not required for any other types of files.

Anyway, it worked for me, so maybe it'll work for you also.

Last edited by mls; 07-27-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:11 AM
Sage User

mls, I thank you very much for your quick help, it sort of fixed the problem.
This is whats happening now.

I changed the path and shared the dir as specified on the thread (dont know how i missed that thread), and tried it on the client.
Well, when i try it, client crashes everytime. Sometimes, the movie plays for like 2-3 seconds and then crashes. At least it plays now (before it didnt do anything), but it crashes.
This is what I get.

Error Signature:
AppName: SageTVClient.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.1
ModName: clvsd.exe ModVer: 3.5.0.1303
OffSet: 000413AF

And then sagetv Client closes and then I have to go back in.

Any clues? Or do I have to redo my client computer? I will probably reformat one of the laptops and see what happens, but maybe someone has a better idea.
There is nothing installed on the 2 system (the clients I am testing the software from) besides PowerDVD, SageTVClient, Dreamweaver, email, WinAMP. All windows updates are up to date, including Directx, .NET framwork, etc etc.

Anyone help me with this? Maybe is the computer, but I get the same on both clients I am testing.

Thank You All...
Old 07-28-2004, 08:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Cornelp

This is what I get.

Error Signature:
AppName: SageTVClient.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.1
ModName: clvsd.exe ModVer: 3.5.0.1303
OffSet: 000413AF
I wonder from that... Which version are you using? Latest one is 2.0.20 which supposedly fixed quite a few things.

Do you have v2.0.20 for both the server and client(s)?

The clvsd.exe error sounds like a decoder error. Try some other combinations of video and audio decoders and renderrers.

If you're using the PowerDVD decoder, do you have hardware acceleration turned on in the PowerDVD software. That might make a difference also.

Last edited by mls; 07-28-2004 at 10:06 AM.