SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via Yahoo to sixdoubleo
How do delete broken shows references?

I moved the location where Sage was storing its recordings. Well, now all the recorded shows point to paths that aren't there.

How can I just delete all this stuff and start over? Can I clear the recorded shows out without losing favorites and scheduling I have already done?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Re: How do delete broken shows references?

Quote:
Originally posted by sixdoubleo
I moved the location where Sage was storing its recordings. Well, now all the recorded shows point to paths that aren't there.
Just to clarify: do you mean you changed the directory in SageTV where shows are recorded, or that you copied/moved all the recordings to a new/renamed directory & that the old one no longer exists?

Quote:
How can I just delete all this stuff and start over? Can I clear the recorded shows out without losing favorites and scheduling I have already done?
If you moved all the files, I believe you can create the old directory & leave it empty. When SageTV sees the empty dir, it will get rid of the shows in the recording list that it thinks ought to be there.

This should not affect your favorite settings or recording schedule. But, moving the files to a new direcotry means that SageTV will no longer track those recordings correctly. You can use the new directory as a video import dir, but SageTV won't know the details of the recordings.

I don't know if this is covering what you are asking...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Re: Re: How do delete broken shows references?

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
Just to clarify: do you mean you changed the directory in SageTV where shows are recorded, or that you copied/moved all the recordings to a new/renamed directory & that the old one no longer exists?
Sage used to store recorded shows in: D:\PVR

I created two new directories: D:\Video\Library and D:\Video\PVR.

I manually moved all the MPEGS from D:\PVR to D:\Video\Library (I will later import these as library files)

I then changed the location where Sage saves its recordings to D:\Video\PVR

All the recordings are still in the recording list and I get "There was an error playing the selection of: ERROR (-2): Files for selected watch no longer are on disk."

I don't care if I lose the link to the MPEGs...I will just import them into my library. But I would like to get rid of the recorded shows selections.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

In looking at one of these orphaned entries, I see in the properties for the "orphaned" show entry, it contains the full path to the MPEG. Can I edit this and point it to my new path? This way I wont lose the links to the shows.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Like I mentioned above, I think they should get removed from the list if you recreate D:\PVR, so that SageTV can see that the dir is empty & the recording is no longer there. Right now, it can't confirm they are gone, since it doesn't have access to the dir. Once gone, you can remove D:\PVR again.

Note: I haven't actually done this, since I don't have such a dir I want to get rid of.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
In looking at one of these orphaned entries, I see in the properties for the "orphaned" show entry, it contains the full path to the MPEG. Can I edit this and point it to my new path? This way I wont lose the links to the shows.
Not that I know of -- being able to move a recording & keep its database link is a common request. If I've just missed a way to do this around here... someone please let me know!

- Andy
Old 07-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Not that I know of -- being able to move a recording & keep its database link is a common request. If I've just missed a way to do this around here... someone please let me know!

- Andy
OK, thanks. I have been out of the forum for quite a while now (just been actually ENJOYING Sage, rather than tweaking with it ) and wasn't sure.

So if I understand you correctly, there really isn't a way to change the location of recorded shows and actually KEEP the already recorded shows intact, right? If you permanently move the recording location from say "D:\PVR" to say "\\DATACENTER\PVR" there isn't a way to get the existing MPEGS over to the new location without losing the tracking info?
Old 07-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
If you permanently move the recording location from say "D:\PVR" to say "\\DATACENTER\PVR" there isn't a way to get the existing MPEGS over to the new location without losing the tracking info?
Right -- that's the part I meant when I said "Not that I know of". I wish it could relink the file to the database entry, based on the filename, when you move it, but I believe that is the thing it just doesn't do. You move it, you lose it.

- Andy
Old 07-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Right -- that's the part I meant when I said "Not that I know of". I wish it could relink the file to the database entry, based on the filename, when you move it, but I believe that is the thing it just doesn't do. You move it, you lose it.

- Andy
Thanks for the help Andy.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:43 AM
Sage User

Just checking if this is still the case, that things haven't changed in the last six months since the earlier posts: there remains no way to edit the recorded file info to point the path to a new directly location for the recorded file once it has been moved to a different directory?

(Forgive me but I can fathom no sensible reason why this ability has not been enabled in Sage; it is very frustrating to the dynamic network Sage user!)
Old 01-22-2005, 03:00 AM
SageTVaholic

in 2.1 you can move recordings but only while Sage is shut down: see these FAQ entries:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...2636#post52636