SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 06-24-2020, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
It is/was my impression that Shield TV users were never able to get ExoPlayer to work properly with MPEG2. IJK player works but you lose Dolby Digital surround and seeking is not ideal.
I have no problem Using ExoPlayer when playing MPEG2 both 720p and 1080I/
Old 06-24-2020, 12:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I have no problem Using ExoPlayer when playing MPEG2 both 720p and 1080I/
On which device? If Shield, which one?
Old 06-24-2020, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Hi Stuckless,

I have started merging the code bases. It actually went more cleanly than I would have thought! I have a branch that I am going to test.

Question for you if you do not mind. If I were to want to attempt to post this on the playstore, should I just post it as a new application? I do have a developer account. If I need to post as a new application, do I need to change the name?

Any thoughts or pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,
Josh
Well, unfortunately, not sure there is going to be any good news (or at least simple news).

I can't publish the app (well, i can, I just have time right now to do it). But, I did see that there is a way to request a transfer of an application from one developer to another. https://support.google.com/googlepla.../6230247?hl=en

The alternative, would really be to create a geniune fork using a new name (and change the application package space in the android manifest) and then push that up as a new application. And maybe, in the long run, that might be best, since, while I might be able to transfer the Google play store one (if I can find time to that), not sure what to do about the Amazon one in the Amazon store.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Well, unfortunately, not sure there is going to be any good news (or at least simple news).

I can't publish the app (well, i can, I just have time right now to do it). But, I did see that there is a way to request a transfer of an application from one developer to another. https://support.google.com/googlepla.../6230247?hl=en

The alternative, would really be to create a geniune fork using a new name (and change the application package space in the android manifest) and then push that up as a new application. And maybe, in the long run, that might be best, since, while I might be able to transfer the Google play store one (if I can find time to that), not sure what to do about the Amazon one in the Amazon store.
I figured that would be the answer. Are you ok if I just rename in your repo and continue on with my work I was planning on taking ownership of yours to lessen confusion and continue your work. I will attempt to try and post a new application up. Last time I tried it did not go so well

Josh
Old 06-24-2020, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
On which device? If Shield, which one?
Shield 2015 Pro.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Shield 2015 Pro.
I have the Shield 2015 non-pro which I think is the same except for amount of storage. Are you sure you are using ExoPlayer since I noticed that a fresh app install uses IJK player by default? If so, I wonder if there is a server setting that would affect this?
Old 06-24-2020, 01:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I have the Shield 2015 non-pro which I think is the same except for amount of storage. Are you sure you are using ExoPlayer since I noticed that a fresh app install uses IJK player by default? If so, I wonder if there is a server setting that would affect this?
Mine I think has ExoPlayer set as default.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am using OPENDCT to control all my tuners the Connects and Primes.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-24-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I am using OPENDCT to control all my tuners the Connects and Primes.
Ditto. I am using OpenDCT with Primes to SageTV.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Mine I think has ExoPlayer set as default.
When you go into Settings ExoPlayer is checked by default but it is not used until you view and exit settings.

I'm not really sure what OpenDCT is but would this result in different recordings than the MPEG2-PS recordings created directly through Sage (BDA from a Connect)?
Old 06-24-2020, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Unfortunately, the new ExoPlayer still does not work for MPEG2 on my Shield TV. Plays back in super slow mo with no audio.
I do get that slo mo effect on my FireTV Cube 2 when I do start a Recording sometimes but then it corrects itself the audio always plays correctly even if the Video is slo mo. When that happens I get a Java exception on my TV.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are you the only one reporting this issue with the Shield TV? Is this possibly something isolated to your installation?

Josh
I do get that slo mo effect on my FireTV Cube 2 when I do start a Recording sometimes but then it corrects itself the audio always plays correctly even if the Video is slo mo. When that happens I get a Java exception on my TV when I stop the Video. I think it has something to do with the new EXOPLAYER because it happens on the original miniclient also.

There is no way to enable debug logging.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-24-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Here is a Picture ...

Old 06-24-2020, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Likely... and I think even players like HD200 had issues here... I recall setting my server to record in 720p because I had issues with 1080i many years ago.
I still have several HD200s in operation and I have not had any issues with 1080i on them and I have that format all of the time from my HD-PVR recordings and OTA MPEG-2 recordings.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Here is a Picture ...

This might have been a change I made. I added popups for errors thrown by ExoPlayer. I figured it would be helpful to the more technically inclined, as well as me. If you did not see it in the previous version it may have been happening, but invisible to the end user.

Josh
Old 06-25-2020, 01:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Status Update

Wanted to give you guys a quick update on where this is at. I think it has grown a little more than I had originally intended. Let me give you a few bullets.
  1. Stuckless gave me access to the original repo (Thank You!)
  2. I merged most of my code changes back into the original source
  3. I am working on posting this to the Play Store. I needed to post as a new listing, so you will need to search and install a new app once I get this available.
  4. Listing is published, but I will need to wait for approval. This could take some time, and I may need to work thru some issues.
  5. If I am successful with Play Store I will attempt Amazon App Store next.

Also I was able to remove the x64 bit warnings that the Play Store was throwing. I think that might be good news.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a problem when playing MPEG2 it drops frames I played the same video in EMBY , KODI and VLC and no dropped frames. Right hand corner of capture you will see dropped frames it played in slo mo.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-25-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
There is a problem when playing MPEG2 it drops frames I played the same video in EMBY , KODI and VLC and no dropped frames. Right hand corner of capture you will see dropped frames it played in slo mo.
But you only get this on your FireTV and your Shield TV does not exhibit this behavior? It happens with both 720p and 1080i on my Shield and it never seems to recover.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:30 AM
Sage Icon

I also get errors after a while (attached). These consistently pop up at the same location and are different based on the 2 recordings of different resolutions I tried. I get the same slow mo playback for each recording.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1080i_error.jpg (169.4 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg 720p_error.jpg (162.9 KB, 233 views)
Old 06-26-2020, 06:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I also get errors after a while (attached). These consistently pop up at the same location and are different based on the 2 recordings of different resolutions I tried. I get the same slow mo playback for each recording.
These are errors being thrown directly by ExoPlayer. In my latest release I am exposing them to the end user so you have a better idea what is going on.

My best guess would be that there are issues with the files you are sending to ExoPlayer. Some other players may fix these issues, ExoPlayer may not. If you use OpenDCT and apply stream fix these issues would most likely go away.

Edit: It also could possibly be an unsupprted audio codec... Although I think that may be unlikely.

Josh