SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up SageTV MiniClient for Android Indiegogo Campaign (Thanks)

60 Days ago, I started the campaign (at the request of others, to be honest), and I never actually thought it would come to much

I started the Android MiniClient mainly because I really like Android, and I have "some" skills in writing code (although not really media related skills ), and I thought it would good hobby.

I set the goal to read $1000 in 60 days. I set it to be 60 days, because I figured that's how long it might take to raise $1000.

The campaign raised $1000 in just 3 days. That's due the generosity and commitment of the people on this forum, and it really did surprise me. Not that I didn't think people were generous, but that there was that much interest. As of now (with 15 hours left) there campaign sits at $1500 even... which again is more than I ever expected. So thanks!!!

In addition to this, I had people send me PayPal donations. I had people send me hardware (FireTV and NVidia Shield TV).

At the time that I started the campaign, the "basic" UI rendering was working, and I know the video playback would be an uphill battle (and still is). But, today, I've been using the Android MiniClient on my ShieldTV for all my primary viewing. There are quirks, but it's probably working out better than I envisioned (as I said, I'm not a media developer). And, I think the video player part actually went faster than I anticipated as well.

The goal, of course, is to stabilize the code, fixing the quirks and ready a 1.0 release to the Play Store (and Amazon App Store).

The question remains... what I am going to do with the $1500 Well, I'll likely use the money to upgrade money to upgrade my aging development desktop that is need of a serious upgrade. I did use some of the original donation money to buy another NVidia Shield and a FLIRC.

The donated Amazon Fire TV and the NVidia Shield are both hooked up to my primary TV and I use them both testing, but I tend to use the NVidia at my primary viewing device.

I'll put whatever is left into a reserve fund, and use it on hardware, etc, as needed.

So, again, thanks to everyone for taking an interest in this project (whether you contributed financially, or simply helped test on other hardware, or helped others with problem, etc).
Old 08-21-2017, 12:59 PM
Sage User

Can't contribute

I'm unable to make a contribution. I'm getting a message saying "this campaign hasn't enabled payment options yet..."

Thanks
Old 08-21-2017, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhittaker1024 View Post
I'm unable to make a contribution. I'm getting a message saying "this campaign hasn't enabled payment options yet..."

Thanks
That's interesting... I did just in an make some changes, you can try again.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:15 PM
Sage User

It worked that time. Thanks
Old 08-24-2017, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhittaker1024 View Post
It worked that time. Thanks
Thanks!... It's odd that it stopped working, and even odder that it's making me fillin my banking information all over again
Old 08-24-2017, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I didn't even know about this somehow. Just donated and it was a bargain by any account. You have almost single handedly kept my Sage setup relevant for the past few years. Much deserved my friend. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage User

Any update on the Android TV client and closed captions

I installed and tested about a year ago and found the CC and SRT were not supported on the Android TV client (I couldn't even get them working on a Windows client).

I just tried again over the weekend and the same issues. It's a share as I love SageTV. I've been a mythtv and Kodi user for years but the Kodi PVR for Mythtv is just so boring and (as all the Kodi PVR addons are) so I was trying all of the android TV clients (on my Mibox and Shield TV).

Is there anything new or something that I am missing?

Thanks,
ce
Old 02-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Sage User

Any updates

Anyone?
Old 02-17-2019, 04:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerickso88 View Post
I installed and tested about a year ago and found the CC and SRT were not supported on the Android TV client (I couldn't even get them working on a Windows client).

I just tried again over the weekend and the same issues. It's a share as I love SageTV. I've been a mythtv and Kodi user for years but the Kodi PVR for Mythtv is just so boring and (as all the Kodi PVR addons are) so I was trying all of the android TV clients (on my Mibox and Shield TV).

Thanks,
ce
Quote:
Anyone?
It's interesting that you can't get it working on a windows client. My understanding is that sagetv fully supports that on a windows client. The android client supports srt files (I think), but does not support embedded CC. Sadly, I'm not when/if the Android client will end up supporting it
Old 02-17-2019, 09:10 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

I just tried again over the weekend and the same issues.
CC works on the client & placeshifter. Details in Appendix K of the SageTv User Manual.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks,
ce
What tuner/source are you using?
Old 10-23-2020, 08:26 AM
Sage User

Sorry for the long delay... My Tuner is an HDHomeRun quad.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry for the long delay...
20 months!
Old 10-27-2020, 01:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry for the long delay... My Tuner is an HDHomeRun quad.
I have added subtitle support to ExoPlayer a few version back In SageTV Android Client. Not sure if that translates to CC support or not.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:15 AM
Sage User

SRT vs CC

I'm think (correct me if I'm wrong) that this means Exoplayer should support a SRT subtitle? Is there a plan to support embedded Closed Captions?

Thanks