SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I read this after your PM. Just double-checking, you installed OBS 64-bit on the server? I know I should just script the installs, but I wasn't sure how much that would be worth it since this isn't likely to be a wildly popular solution.

Edit: and make you you have OBS WebSocket installed. Based on the log, it looks like OBS probably launched, but the app couldn't connect to it.
Yeah OBS launched and HDhOmerun APP tuned to the channel but then it said it could not connect to record. I think it might be more popular than you think.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Yeah OBS launched and HDhOmerun APP tuned to the channel but then it said it could not connect to record. I think it might be more popular than you think.
Then OBS WebSocket is likely the culprit. You'll want to make sure it's enabled in OBS (Tools > WebSocket Server Settings) and using port 4444. I haven't had to, but you may need to allow that port inbound on your firewall.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-16-2020, 09:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Then OBS WebSocket is likely the culprit. You'll want to make sure it's enabled in OBS (Tools > WebSocket Server Settings) and using port 4444. I haven't had to, but you may need to allow that port inbound on your firewall.
It is enabled on my laptop but not on my server ... I wonder why ?

Got It had to uninstall delete the install folder re-install.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It is enabled on my laptop but not on my server ... I wonder why ?

Got It had to uninstall delete the install folder re-install.
Maybe it was there from a previous time. I don't know how much you've played with your server in the past. Technically, we could interface with OBS via keyboard shortcuts, but the WebSocket interface allows for more fine control down the road if for example we want a specific scene for specific channels because of some strange formatting issues.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe it was there from a previous time. I don't know how much you've played with your server in the past. Technically, we could interface with OBS via keyboard shortcuts, but the WebSocket interface allows for more fine control down the road if for example we want a specific scene for specific channels because of some strange formatting issues.
Everything is working but now getting no Signal
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (57.7 KB, 134 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-17-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Everything is working but now getting no Signal
You just made we realize I have left something very important out of the directions. You need to enter the hostname or IP address of the server with the instance of OpenDCT running on it in OBS or the stream will go nowhere helpful.

Open OBS, go to File > Settings. Then Output > Recording. Make sure where it says your-server, you enter the hostname or IP address of the computer running OpenDCT.

Edit: I always appreciate your willingness to dive head first when I share these kinds of things. Thank you for beta testing.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 11-17-2020 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You just made we realize I have left something very important out of the directions. You need to enter the hostname or IP address of the server with the instance of OpenDCT running on it in OBS or the stream will go nowhere helpful.

Open OBS, go to File > Settings. Then Output > Recording. Make sure where it says your-server, you enter the hostname or IP address of the computer running OpenDCT.

Edit: I always appreciate your willingness to dive head first when I share these kinds of things. Thank you for beta testing.
No Problem but I had changed the in your "C:\Users\SAGETVUSER\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\basic\profiles\HDHomeRun_View_Record_to_UDP\basic.ini"

[General]
Name=HDHomeRun View Record to UDP

[Video]
BaseCX=960
BaseCY=540
OutputCX=853
OutputCY=480
ScaleType=bilinear
FPSCommon=60
FPSType=0

[Output]
Mode=Simple

[AdvOut]
Encoder=obs_x264
Rescale=false
RescaleRes=960x540
TrackIndex=1
RecType=FFmpeg
RecFormat=ts
RecRescaleRes=960x540
RecTracks=1
FLVTrack=1
FFOutputToFile=false
FFFormat=mpegts
FFFormatMimeType=video/MP2T
FFExtension=ts
FFVBitrate=20000
FFIgnoreCompat=true
FFRescaleRes=960x540
FFVEncoderId=27
FFVEncoder=libx264
FFAEncoderId=86019
FFAEncoder=ac3
FFAudioMixes=1
Track1Bitrate=448
Track2Bitrate=160
Track3Bitrate=160
Track4Bitrate=160
Track5Bitrate=160
Track6Bitrate=160
FFABitrate=448
FFURL=udp://10.0.0.2:19999
FFVGOPSize=15
FFMCustom=pkt_size=1316
FFVCustom=x264-params=preset=veryslowrofile=high:level=4.2:cabac=0:crf=10:crf_max=16
FFRescale=false
ApplyServiceSettings=false

[Audio]
ChannelSetup=5.1

[WebsocketAPI]
ServerEnabled=true
ServerPort=4444
DebugEnabled=false
AlertsEnabled=false
AuthRequired=false
AuthSecret=
AuthSalt=

[Panels]
CookieId=C7FBDF39A4200E28

[SimpleOutput]
RecEncoder=qsv
RecQuality=Small

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-17-2020 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Nothing that interesting. The real hurdle most people were running into was how to get the HDHomeRun app to reliably tune into a specific channel. It's a little fickle with keyboard input, so it's more of a challenge than it should be. I don't want to beat up on the Silicondust engineers, but it's really annoying if it's not on purpose that their app will eat keystrokes the way it does. I, a human should be able to type a channel in on the numberic keypad and see that value show up in the search field, not just a few or one of the numbers I typed. You really have to pace yourself sometimes and even then cannot be guaranteed anything.

Recording what's on the screen would be delegated to a device that can record the HDMI output. I have however been considering exporting screenshots over ADB to interpret what's going on and act accordingly, but I'm not completely sure what will be needed.
A while back I was playing with an AutoIt script to control the HDHR View app on a Win10 laptop, and yeah the keystrokes are wonky. I did finally find a combination that seemed to work okay but it was a pain.

You mentioned the resolution of DRM content dropping to 960x540, do you think that is happening just with using OBS? I was using an HDMI splitter (video duplicated to screen and HDMI output) and network capture device but I never put this into "production" and didn't closely look at the recordings. I don't remember a drop in quality though.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:36 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
You mentioned the resolution of DRM content dropping to 960x540, do you think that is happening just with using OBS? I was using an HDMI splitter (video duplicated to screen and HDMI output) and network capture device but I never put this into "production" and didn't closely look at the recordings. I don't remember a drop in quality though.
Can't speak for ENE, but when I tested the setup you describe (Shield -> HDPVR2) it was recording at 1080.

--John
Old 11-18-2020, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Can't speak for ENE, but when I tested the setup you describe (Shield -> HDPVR2) it was recording at 1080.

--John
It's being decoded to the lower resolution and being upscaled to your monitor resolution. You can tell it to do 1080p in OBS, but you're likely wasting resources. I can see the difference between Windows Media Center and the HDHomeRun View app on PC. The HDHomeRun app running on Android TV looks similar to WMC quality and likely is really 1080p. I'm 99% certain it's not being decoded to full resolution on PC.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No Problem but I had changed the in your "C:\Users\SAGETVUSER\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\basic\profiles\HDHomeRun_View_Record_to_UDP\basic.ini"
You're working now?

Interesting that you had to put that there. I suspect OBS was installed to a user account instead of the machine. That would explain things not working for you. I wish I could configure more over WebSockets to remove that step.

Old 11-18-2020, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You're working now?

Interesting that you had to put that there. I suspect OBS was installed to a user account instead of the machine. That would explain things not working for you. I wish I could configure more over WebSockets to remove that step.
Not working yet.... Stiil no Signal. It works on my test machine with both the OBS and Server on the same machine. On my production machine I get no Signal. I am going to uninstall everything from my Production machine and start over.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-18-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not working yet.... Stiil no Signal. It works on my test machine with both the OBS and Server on the same machine. On my production machine I get no Signal. I am going to uninstall everything from my Production machine and start over.
Ok. I misspoke, BTW, %APPDATA% would normally point to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming, so I think that doesn't deviate from the directions. Did you update the OpenDCT config to use your server instead of the laptop you tested on?

Old 11-18-2020, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok. I misspoke, BTW, %APPDATA% would normally point to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming, so I think that doesn't deviate from the directions. Did you update the OpenDCT config to use your server instead of the laptop you tested on?
Yes ... in the Process of reinstalling ... we are sorta in lock mode here so have plenty of time plus nothing to record until tonight.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

OK I give up on Installing in my production machine now the OBS will not connect to the winsock.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK I give up on Installing in my production machine now the OBS will not connect to the winsock.
Ouch. I'm sure it would work with some finagling, but we probably just scared a lot of people away from trying this.

Old 11-18-2020, 05:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
It's being decoded to the lower resolution and being upscaled to your monitor resolution. You can tell it to do 1080p in OBS, but you're likely wasting resources. I can see the difference between Windows Media Center and the HDHomeRun View app on PC. The HDHomeRun app running on Android TV looks similar to WMC quality and likely is really 1080p. I'm 99% certain it's not being decoded to full resolution on PC.
I misunderstood, I though Zogg was asking about using the HDHR App on an Android device output to a capture device without using OBS.

--John
Old 11-18-2020, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ouch. I'm sure it would work with some finagling, but we probably just scared a lot of people away from trying this.
OK Staus ...

I got it working for some reason the Winsock settings where getting installed to a directory {ff} I just copied it over to the program folder.

The Problem is no Video only sound that was the same problem I was having on my laptop until I changed the HDHomeRun app to use the NVIDIA card. I think what ever profile it is using to encode has a problem with Intel graphics cards. On the monitor attached to the server I get Video and sound just the clients do not get Video.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It will not work the way it is with Intel Graphics cards ... no video .. I switched back and forth NVIDIA got video and audio Intel only got audio blank Video. My production server is Intel.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It will not work the way it is with Intel Graphics cards ... no video .. I switched back and forth NVIDIA got video and audio Intel only got audio blank Video. My production server is Intel.
That's nasty. I figured we might find a few configurations that just don't want to work.