SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question Digital Tuner: fixed RF channel and alternate tuner control

Remember way back when you could capture analog video input source (example: satellite tuner) on an analog tuner RF channel, typically channel 3 or 4 and also configure an alternate tuner controller?

Is something like this possible using a (ATSC) Digital Tuner/Capture Card?

I tried configuring the video sources for a HDHR and a Hauppauge WinTV TS Capture card but the options to set the "RF Channel" and "Tuner Control" are not editable.

Here is the reason I'm asking ... I recently acquired an ATSC modulator that accepts a HDMI input signal and broadcasts a 720P ATSC channel on the RF cable. It would be nice if SageTV could set the RF channel to a fixed channel (channel 14 in my case) and then also use an external tuner controller such as the USB-UIRT to send IR channel changes to my input source device.

Here is the device I am playing with:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...8-c031ef7a0a93

I currently use a HD-PVR to capture HD content from a set-top box, but would like to explore any potential new methods.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 04-11-2017, 08:46 PM

The device you have is not RF 3 or 4 only just setup as reg over air scan then add the USB UIRT to mix after in same above screenshot

Last edited by SHS; 04-11-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
The device you have is not RF 3 or 4 only just setup as reg over air scan then add the USB UIRT to mix after in same above screenshot
Hi SHS,

The issue I'm stuck on is not scanning for the channel or displaying the content but i'm not able to edit the "RF Channel" field or the "Tuner Control" field when I have selected an "Input Type" of "Digital TV Tuner".

Is there a way around this by editing the sagetv.properties file?

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 04-15-2017, 12:06 PM

Sorry I been busy any way the problem with SageTV is build around Analog RF Channel Tuner where that HDMI device build with ATSC Digital RF Tuner Modulator if I understand the spec side of thing so editing the sagetv.properties file will not work also you need most like lee need to move to Linux any way then maybe on of the dev could make a patch as we don't seem have any Windows dev that can fix SageTV EXE windows side thing.

Tags
atsc, channel, hdmi, modulator, tuner