SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
That's nasty. I figured we might find a few configurations that just don't want to work.
What is funny is that WMCenter had the same problem ... I experienced the same.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graph...RM/td-p/478043
Old 11-18-2020, 10:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
What is funny is that WMCenter had the same problem ... I experienced the same.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graph...RM/td-p/478043
I bet it's for the same reasons.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-19-2020, 07:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

apologies if this is slightly off topic.

There is a thread on The Green Button about Windows Media Center with Intel graphics, H.264, and DRM. Apparently, it isn't just WMC that this effects.

I couldn't find the thread I was looking for for but the link below is half of what the thread was about .

https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums...C+H.264%2C+DRM

I first ran into this issue when I put WMC into a VM was going to use an extender to watch, mostly recorded premium channels.
I ran into again when I was going to use a NUC for a WMC server/SageTV client setup.

The thread I was thinking of is confusing, although it seems to be the same issue,when Intel graphics, h.264, and DRM content is involved. Some posts are about problems with extenders and others are about the WMC server itself. Easy to fix a PC just put AMD or Nvidia graphics. Can't do that with a NUC or an extender.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
apologies if this is slightly off topic.

There is a thread on The Green Button about Windows Media Center with Intel graphics, H.264, and DRM. Apparently, it isn't just WMC that this effects.

I couldn't find the thread I was looking for for but the link below is half of what the thread was about .

https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums...C+H.264%2C+DRM

I first ran into this issue when I put WMC into a VM was going to use an extender to watch, mostly recorded premium channels.
I ran into again when I was going to use a NUC for a WMC server/SageTV client setup.

The thread I was thinking of is confusing, although it seems to be the same issue,when Intel graphics, h.264, and DRM content is involved. Some posts are about problems with extenders and others are about the WMC server itself. Easy to fix a PC just put AMD or Nvidia graphics. Can't do that with a NUC or an extender.
Not off topic at all ... that is exactly my problem using Intel Graphics ... I have a Nuc too and another mini PC and they are all Intel.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
I misunderstood, I though Zogg was asking about using the HDHR App on an Android device output to a capture device without using OBS.

--John
That's actually what I was asking, if the DRM content on a PC or Android device was actually a lower resolution and then being upscaled to the resolution of the display or capture device. I don't think it is though.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
That's actually what I was asking, if the DRM content on a PC or Android device was actually a lower resolution and then being upscaled to the resolution of the display or capture device. I don't think it is though.
I'm saying on PC it is lower resolution. On Android it decodes to resolution of the original video. On PC, non-DRM content is decoded to the video resolution too (and OBS is able to corroborate this). If you can't see the difference, it doesn't matter, but I am reasonably sure this is what's happening.

I played around with the resolution detection issue for a while and eventually figured out that what was going on was related the if the content was DRM'd or not.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG