SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Future airings ...

I just noticed a show called Ridiculousness on MTV that airs at 10 pm this evening. I selected "Future Airings" to see what's coming up, but the first program that it shows is on 8/16.

Re-runs seem to be on every day if I browse the guide manually. What is happening here?
Old 08-10-2021, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

You're right, the first program that it shows on my system is on 8/16. However, if I scroll down the list (a very long list, by the way), there are entries for 8/10, 8/11, etc. Not sure if there is a sort order to future airings or not.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 08-10-2021, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

You're right,Keith.

I changed the sort order, to show what appears to be "oldest first" in the SageTV UI, and it shows newest shows first.

Is my brain broke today?
Old 08-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

There is something strange, though. For this particular future airing, I would expect that the "Oldest First" sort order would generate the same results as the "Title A-Z + Oldest First" sort order. But they are not the same, and I don't understand why.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 08-10-2021, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I just noticed a show called Ridiculousness on MTV that airs at 10 pm this evening. I selected "Future Airings" to see what's coming up, but the first program that it shows is on 8/16.

Re-runs seem to be on every day if I browse the guide manually. What is happening here?
This is the best, most assine, useless, addictive show on TV. And the woman’s laugh - Chanel West Coast, is either addictive or repulsive. I fall into the former fan-base. They should make one of those button-press, hand-held laughing balls using her laugh.
Just set it to “record all” and delete a lot

The show has more episodes than any show I’ve ever seen on TV besides the daily news.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 08-10-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
This is the best, most assine, useless, addictive show on TV.
Yes ... yes it is. I have to admit, though, they manage to latch on to some truly extraordinary video clips once in a while. Not extraordinary in any reasonable sense, but something that just makes you wonder how a camera was running when *that* happened.

I just assumed that if I'm watching it here and there it means that I can no longer comprehend complicated things, or even the future airings list for that matter.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Yes ... yes it is. I have to admit, though, they manage to latch on to some truly extraordinary video clips once in a while. Not extraordinary in any reasonable sense, but something that just makes you wonder how a camera was running when *that* happened.

I just assumed that if I'm watching it here and there it means that I can no longer comprehend complicated things, or even the future airings list for that matter.
It’s like a car wreck, in a good way. Exactly as you said: how was it a camera was running when that s@#$ happened?
I stockpile a 10-pack when 22 minutes need to be killed….
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson