SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Sage User

How to create extensions ?

Hi,

I'm a Java developer and I'll like to know if there is a product or an API to create extensions to SageTV (ie the weather module) ?

Will Studio allow things like that ? When will it be available ?

Nelis
Old 08-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Yes, Studio is what will make these extensions possible. Only a few select beta testers have access to studio right now. The folks at Frey are currently making some last minute changes to Studio to make it more "Modular". There is no planned date of release, but hopefully the rest of us will get our grubby little hands on it soon.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:08 AM
Sage User

Cool !

Do you have more details about it ? Or maybe are you under NDA ?

I just have two questions about Studio :

- Will it expose Java APIs or will it be something more higher level than that ?
- What will be the pricing policy ? (I mean, will it be free or low cost for the people that bought SageTV)

SageTV 4.1.12.84, overlay renderer, WinDVD 6 decoder
Old 08-03-2004, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by mikejaner
There is no planned date of release, but hopefully the rest of us will get our grubby little hands on it soon.
Or at least they haven't told us the planned date yet

Quote:
Originally posted by nelis
- Will it expose Java APIs or will it be something more higher level than that ?
While the exact details are under NDA, what we've been told is that Studio will not require programming experience. And what we've seen from the current customizations/extensions is that if you have programming experience you can write apps and such to do more stuff (malore's commercial detection, mlbdude's weather extracter).

Quote:
- What will be the pricing policy ? (I mean, will it be free or low cost for the people that bought SageTV)
Last we were told, Studio is to be included with 2.0, there should be no additional cost to use Studio.