SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Sage User

Creen blanks every 20 minutes

For some reason TV goes blank every 20 minutes. Requires hitting some key. Feels like screen saver (as I am not doing much while watching) but both system and sage screen savers are dissabled. Just for kicks I set the screnn saver timeout to either 5 minutes or 23456 minutes to no effect. I know it is the screen saver somewhere but cannot figure out how to turn it off. It is off in the gui. And yes I have rebooted.

Of course I dont care so much but the dear wife considers it a MAJOR flaw in the system
Old 08-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Administrator

How about power management -- is the monitor set to shut off after 20 minutes? (Control Panel -> Power Options, in XP)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

you need to change a property
ui/disable_screen_saver_and_pm=true

by default it is false
Old 08-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Administrator

That's a good thing to try -- it will disable the screen saver & power management features while SageTV is awake, but for some reason it doesn't always restore the settings when SageTV is put to sleep. It works on one of my systems, but not the other. (Just so you'll be aware that it _might_ be better to simply disable the screen saver and/or power management for now.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

if you disable power management and reable enable it after changing the peroperty in sageTV
it seems to work everytime for me

I came to this conclusion after rebuilding sageTV many times
Old 08-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Administrator

I'm glad it works for you.

Like I said: it works on 1 system, but not the other. I'm sure the program code for that functionality is the same for the client & server, so my guess is that my server PC has some system setting somewhere that interferes with this working properly.

- Andy
Old 08-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Sage User

Thank you all for the great input. I will give it a try and let you know.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Sage User

DOH

OK if it were a snake It would have bit me. I don't know why I completely ignored power settings. I am a little embarassed but thanks for the direction
Old 08-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Administrator

If you want to keep your screen saver & power management active when SageTV is sleeping, you could try the property that kny3twalker mentioned. That way, they will be disabled while using SageTv & re-enabled when you put it to sleep. Just remember to exit SageTV completely before editing the properties file, or else the changes won't take effect.

- Andy