SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Sage Expert

organize recorded shows in folders

Is there a way to get the shows that get recorded subcategorized by folder, with the folder name being the show name? Then specify that individual recordings get named by episode number and episode name?

I use Sage on my PC, but then have a Hauppauge mediamvp hooked to my TV for playback of recorded shows.

The mediamvp shows all files in the recorded shows directory in one huge list. If there were sub folders it would be much easier to switch between different shows. Also, and this is more of a shorcoming of the mediamvp it has a limited number of characters it shows for program names so if the actual file name was just episode number and episode name instead of show name, episode name it would be easier to browse through them and know what you are looking at.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2004, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I am waiting for the client of SageTV for the MVP
I know your pain but have waited for almost 6 months for them to make a client so I can buy a MVP

I know you can reorganize the video folders
look at the FAQs that may help
Old 08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Administrator

You can use categories within SageTV (it will categorize them for you), but you can't yet specify a directory or subdirectory where specific shows are to be recorded.

Edit: Added the word 'specific', above.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 08-12-2004 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Is this something that would require a change to the SageTV "core", or could it possibly be down somehow with Studio?

Wonder if Jeff is working on adding this option. I haven't heard anything more about the rumor of an upcoming v2.1 release lately either.

Anyone got any info on what might be coming and/or when?
Old 08-12-2004, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You can use categories within SageTV (it will categorize them for you), but you can't yet specify a directory or subdirectory where shows are to be recorded.
yeah very true
What I was thinking would require you to go and reorganize the folder everyday or more often
because it would just dump new recording where ever it wants

Sorry about that
Old 08-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Before I forget & in case someone doesn't know how to categorize their recordings: While on the SageTV Recordigns screen, use the Options command (defaults: right click, ctrl-o, yellow Hauppauge button) to get a pop-up dialog where you can choose how the recordings are to be grouped, among other things.

Quote:
Originally posted by mls
Is this something that would require a change to the SageTV "core", or could it possibly be down somehow with Studio?
I think that would be a core change. I used to think I wanted this feature too, but now I'm not sure. My recordings are split over 4 partitions... if I were to specify a directory for some series & that partition got full, then what? I can already see them categorized inside SageTV. This is not to say someone else might still find it important; I'm just commenting that I may be changing my mind on this.

At one point I also wanted to be able to specify a limit or location for IR shows too... but now I think the majority of my shows are IR. IR certainly grew on me.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.