SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to krustyjonez
Angry Constant Reload Media Player for audio

Sage sages,

I am running Sage 2.0.20 on XP SP2 with a PVR-350. My audio setup is a M-Audio Revolution with digital out to a Yamaha amp. I'm using Intervideo codecs for video and audio.

I am having periodic problems watching programming (either live or recorded) that require me to reload the media player in order to restore audio.

As soon as I either fast forward a recorded program, change channels or come to the end of a file, the audio blanks. If I go into detailed setup and reload media player, it goes back a few seconds/minutes & starts over with the right audio.

This seems related to the fast forward audio problem others have described. Does anyone have a workaround or a fix? I guess I am lucky that it's still recording audio, but not being able to watch reliably with sound is really annoying!

I don't have this error with other appllications like Zoom Player, WinDVD or myHD.

Thanks!

Jonathan Wilner
Old 08-17-2004, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

it is either an audio render or audio decoder issue but I am sure you figured that out

have you tried other renders or decoders

and what you are the current settings for audio decoder and render

I have seen the problem before but I cannot remember if intervideo was the cause or if it was the render

in zoom player are you using the same audio render and decoder?
Old 08-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to krustyjonez
I made two changes that appear to have made a positive improvement. First, I updated/re-installed the M-Audio driver. It doesn't actually appear to have actually updated it, but nonetheless it reinstalled something.

I also switched the Audio Renderer back to Default (which is where I had it before) & switched the MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter to the MPEG Audio Decoder.

Since I made these changes, I've been able to change channels and programs without losing audio. I believe the key change was the MPEG Audio Decoder switch, but I am leery of testing it by switching to the Intervideo audio. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

for 15 dollars buy the sonic DVD decoder pack

it works great with SageTV

and is stable as hell