SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Sage User

MPEG Error...problem deleting shows. 3 Strikes for SAGE!

My wife was deleting the kid's recorded shows and ran into a problem with an "MPEG Error" (something about the file missing)while trying to delete a show. I wasn't around at the time, so I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it sounds like Sage locked up with the error while trying to delete the show. My wife said she had to close Sage. When she restarted Sage, the show she was trying to delete was gone. Then she tried to play a recorded show, but encountered the same error and that show was gone as well. Never had a problem with shows being deleted or missing before and I did confirm that the files are gone out of the video folder for Sage.

The show she was trying to play was a favorite that is number one on the priority list for favorites, so, needless to say, not a good situation. Third time we've had a problem with Sage and this particular show (#1 Fav). Would rather not have to go back to Tivo, but it seems to be more reliable right now.

Has anyone one encountered a similar situation with deleting shows? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Esrsa4; 08-23-2004 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:39 AM
Sage Icon

I can't say that I or any of my family members have encountered any such problem. I will say this though, witness the problem firsthand. I learned a long ago that people sometimes leave important things out of the problem explanation. If you witness the problem yourself you may say "Oh, that makes perfect sense why this is happening".
Old 08-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Sage User

falchuck, I agree. It's just frustrating not having the exact error to report. I wish there was some type of error log generated. I just was hoping that someone encountered a similar problem. Oh well, until next time.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Here's one off-the-wall possibility: Is the favorite still listed in the Favorites Manager? If not, is it possible that someone chose "Favorite Options" from the Recording Detail screen & then chose "Remove Favorite" to delete that one show & instead deleted the entire favorite? I realize that this is highly unlikey to be the case, but stranger things have happened.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.