SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unable to watch a recording in progress on client - Fixed

In previous threads I asked for help in solving the issue I was having that trying to watch a recording in progress on the client gave the following results:

If I started playback by selecting the show from the recordings menu, playback would stop when the show reached the point it was at when I started playback i.e. If I started playback 10 mins into the show it would stop after it had played 10 mins.

If I started playback by selecting live TV it would stop when the recording finished. i.e. If I started to watch a 1 hour show 10 mins into it, playback would stop at 50 mins when the recording finished.

After playing around all week I decided to change the recording directory from a local file name i.e. E:\recordings to a network name i.e. \\htpc\hte\recordings (make sure the folder is shared).

Success playback in the above scenario's now work perfect on both my clients. In addition this also fixed the problem of live TV freezing after 3 seconds when switching to live TV and then having to change the channel before live TV would play.

Last edited by trevorst; 08-26-2004 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

Very Interesting. I'm sure this tip will come in handy for the next person with this issue. Good job. I'm glad you figured it out.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Tom.. In regards to the tip being a help to others it would be nice if these tips were added to the FAQ on a regular basis for people to find. I know it took me ages to get the serial changer working on my cable box because the thread was hard to follow.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Just so you know... it is not anyone's job to keep the FAQ up to date. The FAQ thread is open for anyone to post to, if they feel they have something useful to offer. So far, the only time a FAQ post is removed/edited is if it is found to have incorrect info. It would be nice, however, if anyone who posted a FAQ kept their own posts up to date in case anything changes. That way, people can learn from each other's experiences.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks I was not aware of that.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

BTW my name is not Tom. It is Dave.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have this same problem, using the latest version of Java, any solution yet? I don't see a report that others have tried this and it worked.

Regards,

Mark
Old 08-29-2004, 02:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I just read this post and it say it fixes this issue. Is this true? I have downloaded and going to give it a try.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&threadid=6136

Regards,

Mark
Old 08-29-2004, 03:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I just upgraded to 2.0.20 server and client. The Live TV client problem for me has been solved with the upgarde.

Regards,

Mark
Old 08-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Glad that solved your problem. There is still one similar, but not exactly the same relating to item #3 of that post:

Quote:
3. Fixed bug where a file would playback on the SageTVClient for only a couple of seconds and then stop. (the fix is on the server)
I had another thread researching a similar prob that only occurs with Win98 and apparently certain Intel chipset machines. It was also found that problem is apparently also in the server software and not the Client program (although could be some of both).

This other problem should have a fix or work around in a future release of SageTV (according to what support has told me).

However, now that SP2 for XP finally is out, I'll be more willing to use XP (although 98SE may still be my preferred choice for a while yet).

Just thought I'd let ya know there are a few other things similar that are being worked on.