SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-29-2004, 12:01 PM

Copy of SageTV 2.0 with lecense key for sale

I bought SageTV 2.0 about a month ago from PC Alchemy but alas I have no need for it any more. I'm selling it on eBay if anyones interested?

It's item # 5717753236 on eBay

Last edited by parra; 08-29-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

I think this is illegal. You should re-read paragraph 1 of your license agreement.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Sage User

Not for resale clauses have always been struck down by courts, but that doesn't mean Frey Technologies can't make your life difficult in the meantime.

Personally, I don't appreciate it. First it's "You don't own the software, we own the software and you own the license to use it." Fine, dandy I can deal with that.

Now it's "You don't actually own the license either. It's more like a one-time payment for an indefinite rental. But we can take it back any time we want to."

$Texas worth of software licenses and I don't actually own anything.

*This rant is not directed at Frey soely, but instead at the software industry in general, as this "Non-transferable, revokable" license has permeated amongst most vendors.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

what it comes down to is vendors don't want you to buy it off someone else second hand for half the price they sell it for new
Old 08-30-2004, 08:16 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

parra,

Please contact us with your options. As mentioned, this would be in violation of the EULA but we are always willing to accomodate reasonable requests. Just drop us an e-mail at orders@freytechnologies.com and let us know what you are looking to do and why you are selling SageTV.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 08-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
parra,

Please contact us with your options. As mentioned, this would be in violation of the EULA but we are always willing to accomodate reasonable requests. Just drop us an e-mail at orders@freytechnologies.com and let us know what you are looking to do and why you are selling SageTV.

Thanks,
Dan
A fine example of good customer service.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Sage Expert

HECK, hate to say it, but at the price this thing may sell for, I may want it!

I've been looking to build a second PVR for a special friend who could never afford to build a PC and do this herself, and this would definately help keep my costs down.....IF IT WERE BLESSED BY SAGE THAT IS...

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's