SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

Unhappy Favorite DOA

Well, I just found a bug that bummed me out ...

I had a Favorite set for American Chopper. About 8 shows recorded and I noticed it just quit. The favorite was still there, but it wasn't recording. So I deleted the favorite and recreated it. Well, it began recording again tonight, but dumped the 8 shows I had. Of course we didn’t get to see them all.

Any thoughts? Why did it quite recording for no reason and why did it dump my existing shows?

Hmmmm ....

Oh ... kny3twalker ... looks like someone forgot to use the STV spell checker! <j/k>

Mod Note: This was split from the MlbDude2 STV discussion, since the discussion appears to be continuing & doesn't appear to be related to the that STV.

Last edited by Opus4; 08-31-2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Did you have the fav set to keep at most 8 shows? Was it set for first runs or reruns & the skipped airing was the other kind? Was it set to a certain channel? Was the airing watched? As you can see, there are many possible reasons for it to not record a show. I don't know what your case was, but it could also be a bug too. Hard to tell w/o the exact details.

The other one hs been mentioned quite a bit lately... By default, SageTV auto-deletes everything that is not a fav or manual recording when IR is turned off. You can stop that by setting the following property while SageTV is closed:

seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false

Files will still be cleaned up when more room is needed for another recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:51 AM
Sage Icon

Talking Thanks Andy ...

Did you have the fav set to keep at most 8 shows?

No, it was set for All.
---
Was it set for first runs or reruns & the skipped airing was the other kind?

Nope again, set for first runs & reruns.
---
Was it set to a certain channel?

No, Any.
---
Was the airing watched?

No, those that were there were in a cleared state.
---
As you can see, there are many possible reasons for it to not record a show.

Yea, I figure someone in this forum may have had this happen to them as well.
---
I don't know what your case was, but it could also be a bug too. Hard to tell w/o the exact details.

It's a mystery to me???
---
The other one has been mentioned quite a bit lately... By default, SageTV auto-deletes everything that is not a fav or manual recording when IR is turned off. You can stop that by setting the following property while SageTV is closed:

seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false

Files will still be cleaned up when more room is needed for another recording.

Hmmm, I wonder ... When I went to wake my Sage out of Sleep mode I say the Remote Wonder software dialog asking me if I want to quit it??? I clicked no, but wonder if that was the problem?? Nonetheless I'll go ahead and set the property you suggest to false.

Thanks for the help ... T.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:25 AM
Administrator

I don't know what the RW software would have to do with it... the property I mentioned was an explanation for why the files were deleted after the fav was removed.

And, I was referring to how the deleted fav was set, not how it is set now, just in case the old one was different somehow... a few people have commented on favs missing shows, but I don't know if there is a problem with the program or with the fav settings.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 08-31-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
I don't know what the RW software would have to do with it... the property I mentioned was an explanation for why the files were deleted after the fav was removed.

And, I was referring to how the deleted fav was set, not how it is set now, just in case the old one was different somehow... a few people have commented on favs missing shows, but I don't know if there is a problem with the program or with the fav settings.

- Andy
Duh! I gotta stop the late night surfing ... I related your original IR comment to Remote Control IR and the fact that the RW software happened to be coincidentally in that state. But, your last post made me think you meant IR (Intelligent Recording) !! BTW, I do have IR turned off.

As for how my favs are set, I do not change from the default so it would be just the same as the others I have set. It was just weird how this happened to only that one fav?? Got me?

I suspect if this is happening to others than it may be a bug. Hopefully a one time glitch.

Thanks ... T.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mightyt
Duh! I gotta stop the late night surfing ... I related your original IR comment to Remote Control IR and the fact that the RW software happened to be coincidentally in that state. But, your last post made me think you meant IR (Intelligent Recording) !!
I was wondering how the RW made its way into the conversation! I _try_ to distinguish between "infrared" and "intelligent recording", when I think I need to... but obviously confusion can still sneak in at times.

- Andy