SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Fastest way to DVD

After researching several posts, here is a conclusion I have reached. Can anyone confirm if I am correct?

I need to take the DVD-quality files from SageTV and write it to a DVD+RW. I do not want to do anything else with it 90% of the time. To get the fastest time (no re-encoding, etc.) I should use TMPGenc (seems to be preferred) or Video Redo. I have Ulead that came with my 250 , but it seems to still do a lot of processing.

For the other 10% of the time where I need to divide the video up to fit on two DVDs, I can still use TMPGenc.

Am I on track? Is there a faster way, such as a way to essentialyl drag and drop when I don't need to do anything else to the file? Is TMPGend as easy and fast as it gets?

This is a great forum and everyone has been a big help. Thanks.
Wayne
Old 09-07-2004, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Re: Fastest way to DVD

Quote:
Originally posted by whardy7
Am I on track? Is there a faster way, such as a way to essentialyl drag and drop when I don't need to do anything else to the file? Is TMPGend as easy and fast as it gets?
Sounds about right, DVD-Video has a very specific format, and you therefore need to "author" DVD-Video disks with something like TMPGEnc.

However, if you just want to store the video on DVD, you could install something like Nero InCD and then just drag-and-drop the files onto the disk. However, this way will result in a data disk and won't play in a DVD player.