SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Sage reinstall will not recognize input source

I had a crash which froze a DVD playing using the Sage DVD player function. After a ctrl+alt+delete I got Sage to reinitialize but no live TV pic (got and error message but forgot to write it down).

After several attempts to fix things I am now at the point where I have reinstalled the Hauppauge sortware I want to use and Sage. Unfortunatley I did not require windows to install/reinstall drivers for PVR250 before the reinstall of Hauppauge and Sage software. I did, however, go to install new hardware and windows tells me that the device is functioning properly.

The problem is that upon initial set up the first window in sage sees the PVR card. I select this byut there are no input options to choose from, it's blank.

The STB (RCA DRD435RH for DirecTV) is in fact outputting TV signals and I double checked all connections between STB and PC.

Where did I botch up?
Old 09-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I MIGHT have suffered through this mystery. Look in your properties file for a line that instructs Sage to ignore or disable your encoder card and then delete the line.

I'm a little suspicious that if Sage sees your card and not its inputs that you have a different problem. But, there are about a bazillion "switches" in that properties file. Surely a problem could lurk there. You could probably prove or disprove it by renaming the file. If it works with the newly created property file, then there is something set wrong in the original file.

If Sage was previous set to start up on a system startup, and then you delete the old drivers and restart, Sage starts running and detects that the encoder card that was installed is no longer working (at least not until the drivers are reinstalled.) So it installs an ignore command line in the properties file. I don't know how long it took me to hunt that one down. Hours. So, I'm not the world's best problem debugger (in which case, caveat emptor.)
Old 09-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Sage User

kny mentioned that I look into the property file in another forum where I asked this question. It's late now so it'll be somtime next morning before I can look into what the problem may be.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know if this works.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Sage User

DL,

Best I can figure, I had two Java programs in Windows. I deleted the older one which I had installed when I performed the full reinstall of Sage and Hauppauge software.

I axed the older version of Java (after uninstalling Sage and deleting the frey tech folder) and performed yet another Sage install. This time everything worked flawlessly.

I don't know if this was the fix but it does work.

Thanks for the input, I'll file this for future reference.