SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Sage User

Lightbulb REQ: A few (three) features

First off, Jeff, AWESOME program!!! I tried it for a few days, trying to find a reason NOT to buy it, but I couldn't bear going back to WINTV2000. Nevergo lax on keyboard support. I'm physically disabled and like the ability to navigate either with my trackball or keyboard equally as well.

I do have three features I'd like to see:

1. In windowed mode, allow the window to be moved with the mouse by clicking & dragging ANYWHERE in the window, not just the title bar.

2. Have an option to leave audio playing when in the UI or overlay the UI on the TV (but that might be harder).

3. Have an "Include subfolders/subdirectories" when adding folders to import in the Library.

Keep up the great work!!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Sage

Thanks for the positive feedback.

1 - That's actually really complicated to do, I see why you'd want it, but it'd be a lot of work.
2 & 3 - Download the current release, 1.3.8 from our website. It's got both of these in it.

And as Meatloaf says, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by Narflex
Thanks for the positive feedback.

1 - That's actually really complicated to do, I see why you'd want it, but it'd be a lot of work.
2 & 3 - Download the current release, 1.3.8 from our website. It's got both of these in it.

And as Meatloaf says, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
So how do I set up 2 and 3 in 1.3.8? I've got it installed but didn't see anything in Sage.properties or Detailed Setup. Do I have to RTFM? :-)

Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 06-02-2003, 08:29 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

I'm updating the Developers page on our website today with all the configuration options in the properties file. Here are the ones you are referring to:

auto_categorize_epg - true/false (categorizes in SageGuide and Library mutliple shows by actor, title, etc.)

#2 is actually set by default with release version 1.3. If you are playing music and you go back into the UI, the music will continue.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Sage User

Well, auto_categorize_epg really has nothing to do with any of my requests. If you were referring to #3, I was talking about when you add a directory to import under Detailed Setup->General. It seems to only import files and not sub-directories.

As for #2, I was hoping for the option of either pausing the show I'm watching or having it continue playing (with audio going) when I enter the UI.

I seem now to be having trouble after letting 1.3.8 sleep overnight. It's taking my up 97-99% of my CPU according to Windows Task Manager. Even after ending the process and restarting SageTV, it's doing the same thing. My Athlon 2400+ is acting like a 386!!! When I ended the SageTV process, my computer returned to normal. When I restarted SageTV, it took over a minute fore it to read the DB. I'll try restartiing my computer and report back, but do you think this is related to 1.3.8 or the beta of Java 1.4.2? As I type this, SageTV just returned back to it's normal CPU usage...strange!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Sage User

I, too, would like to see the "neat" video window like WinPVR2k has...with no title bar and moveable.

How about nixing the moveable part, and just have it where it can be always on top, have no title bar, and an option to not bring up the menus every time the cursor moves over it?
Old 06-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Sage User

Dervari,

Until Jeff adds an "always on top" feature, checkout AlwaysOnTopMaker (freeware!) at:

http://www.fadsoft.com/AlwaysOnTopMaker.htm