SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-11-2004, 05:17 AM

Angry Audio Issues

Some recordings have no audio.

Tested Sage on Friday, everything seemed to be working fine. Scheduled a bunch of recordings. Checked out the results on Sunday night, and the shows were recorded, but none have any audio. Tried recording again, and every worked once again. File sizes of recorded shows seem fine (i.e. size of show i manually recorded is approx the same as the scheduled ones), and the video is fine.

Using a Hauppauge 350 with all updates, and Sage 2 on Win2000 Pro. Nothing else on the machine other than the hauppauge and sage software (rebuild machine solely for pvr).

Wondering how this is possible. Does Sage throw errors if audio is unavailable? Is there a Sage log file? (There's nothing in the event log)

Suggestions?
Old 10-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Do the files have audio if played with other software, such as the Windows Media Player? How about if you make recordings using the Hauppauge software -- do they have audio?

If there is no audio in the file: There used to be a problem with Norton AntiVirus interacting with Windows Messenger that ended up muting audio in the recording. You say there is no other software involved, so perhaps NAV isn't there. But, you might still want to try getting rid of Messenger anyway. One way to do that is to disable the messenger service, preventing Messenger from running. (They both use the name 'messenger', so it gets a little confusing.)

If there is audio: try changing your audio decoder in Detailed Setup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:26 PM

I've tried playing the mpgs with WMP 10 no audio. Other recordings are fine, both Sage and Hauppauge created. It is just the few that I scheduled over the weekend that are missing the audio.

I'm assuming you mean the Messenger Alerter service and not instant messaging. The service is installed, but I have it set to 'manual' start, and its not running. I don't have Norton installed.

I have the 'InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge' selected, but I'll try the other option of 'MPEG Audio Decoder' and see what happens.

Tks.