SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Req: On screen mini EPG guide whilst watching tv (similar to sky in the UK)

I am not sure how this could work in with the framework of UI and controls you have at the moment but i'll describe it anyways..

Its basically the one way that I use our satellite systems all the time... you have the tv picture full frame and you press the select button the remote.. up pops this mini sky bar at the bottom..

It shows essentially

Time
Channel
Programmes

ie.

6:05
BBC2
6:00 Simpsons
6:30 Malcom In The middle

You then have great freedom to browse whilst watching tv...

UP/DOwn changes the channel and shows you the two next programmes on that channel... Sky even incorporate favourite channels.. by pressive the blue button you go through your favourite channels.. useful with the 150 channels you otherwise have to go through 1 by 1...

Left/Right moves the programmes displayed in time... so I can go right right right to look at whats on this channel in an hour or so time...

Basically you have full power.... pressing select on a channel at the start of time takes you to that channel... pressing select on a channel (or the same channel) but further ahead in time... allows you to set reminders on these shows... basically flagging that programme to be reminded to you that its on, or when setup elsewhere you can actually tell it to automatically change channel.. also do series link...

I realise that it would be quite an undertaking but a lot of the more powerful Sage features could be accessed thru this in a really user friendly manner whilst allowing simultaneous tv viewing... being able to set to record would be nice from this... The existing bar could be altered to add the channel and programme information... I dont know if the cursor keys are free at the moment when watching tv... its a really neat system tho, nice and powerful and you only need 4 direction buttons and a select button to do most of it
Old 06-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

would love a mini EPG if it could support OSD on the 350, otherwise id' stil have to go to the pc monitor to change & check the epg anyway since it doesnt support an OSD on the 350 tv-out yet

What i'd love to see is a webserver built-in instead of having to use the client which will let me just set & review my schedules, that's it.