SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Sage User

Two quick questions

Just got my card and software, and I'm impressed. I have 2 questions, however. Using Sage TV 2.1.7 RC4.

1. DVD playback doesn't work. I pop in the DVD, but no information, rack listing, video or sound come up. i've tested various overlay and decoders in the DVD settings of the detialed setup - nothing. The PDF instruction manual turned up nothing useful. Ideas?

2. Sage TV continues to record the last channel I wathced live TV on and saves the shows, even after putting it to sleep. I came home to find 6 shows from the saved channel waiting for me. I do not have Intelligent Recording on, just to be sure. It just keeps recording live TV as if I were still watching, even in sleep mode.

Thanks all!
Old 10-16-2004, 12:08 AM
SageTVaholic

you need a real DVD decoder for DVDs not just a mpeg2 decoder
since DVDs are encrypted
they must be decrypted by a DVD decoder

try Cineplayer, WinDVD etc...

and have you checked the recording schedule to see if these programs are scheduled?
Old 10-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Sage User

Most definetly not scheduled. Its assuredly recording the same channel i just watched. In fact, it started recording a scheduled favorite. I popped over to it to watch the first few mins, then watched 2 recorded shows, all without checking back to livetv. now, according to my recordings page, its recording the second show after the scheduled one on the same channel.

This is frustrating. I can't have it recording everything non-stop.

The DVD issue makes total sense. I'll dust off my WinDVD disk and go from there. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Sage User

Ok, so you must install Windvd for sage to play a DVD. Im having the same problem, but will try to install Windvd when I get home, to see if this solves the problem. Thanks Walker.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmat3
Ok, so you must install Windvd for sage to play a DVD. Im having the same problem, but will try to install Windvd when I get home, to see if this solves the problem. Thanks Walker.
It doesn't have to be WinDVD, just a real DVD player (Sonic, PowerDVD, WinDVD, nVDVD). The issue is that the stock Intervideo decoders can't handle CSS on DVDs (maybe not AC3 either).

As for the recording non-stop, FWIW, it shouldn't be doing that. So two questions:
Do you put Sage in sleep mode or just minimize it? (Sorry but I have to ask).
Do you have "mmc/encoders/#####/never_stop_encoding=true" (where ##### is some number) in your sage.properties file?
Old 10-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Sage User

I hit power ont the remote, and the saveTV screen saver comes up. If i hit power while minimized, sagetv vanishes to the system tray.

that setting does not exist in my Sage.properties file.

It keeps recording the channel last used. it will record my scheduled program on channel A, then the next few shows until it hops over to channel B for my next recorded show, then keep going on that channel until the next scheduled one...
Old 10-16-2004, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Just to double check, are you sure it's not there, I think it's there by default but set to false (like mine):
mmc/encoders/1642691032/never_stop_encoding=false
Although your number would probably be something else.

Otherwise it sounds like a bug, Sage shouldn't be recording LiveTV in sleep mode. FWIW, you don't by chance have a client running somewhere else do you?
Old 10-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Sage User

Not there. Did a search for the key iteself, and each part of it, thean read line by line.

And just the single instance of the software. Not piping signal anywhere.

However, oddly enough, a reboot seems to have fixed it. Very strange. Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-16-2004, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

try installing v2 then install 2.1 on top of it
it could just be a bug in v2.1 but no one here installed it fresh to my knowledge
(other than you)