SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2004, 06:12 PM

computer crashes when I finish watching a recorded show.

I have a pvr350 running on WinXP SP2. When a show finishes, I see a spike in CPU usage (I think its closing the file) and then 50% of the time, it crashes my pc. It seems to crash on the pvr .sys file. I don't see an updated driver file so I am at a loss. Right now, I just stop the show before it fully finishes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2004, 05:39 AM
Sage User

you have a common problem, LOTS of people experience with the PVR-350... Your best solution it to always stop the program before it completes... The problem has been around for quite a while now. Annoying, huh?
Old 10-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Sage User

I had this problem, tried all sorts of things to fix it including new versions of PVR350 drivers etc etc. What has finally fixed it (fingers crossed) for me is turning software decoding back on again; I had set it to be "Hardware Decoding Only" in Detailed Setup. Once I set it so it does both hardware (ie 350's TVout) and software (ie output on the gfx card) decoding, it hasn't crashed since.

I must admit I'm still in the habit of stopping programmes before they get right to the end of the recording, "just in case" ...

Hope this helps

Barnaby
Old 10-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Sage User

unfortunately the hardware only setting does nothing to help my crashing while using the PVR-350 TV-Out. What can I do...