SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Sage User

Question Quickly skipping to start of recording? How?

When SageTV is recrding one of my TV shows (set up as a favorite in Sage) and I get home half-way through the show, how do I quickly start viewing it from the beginning while Sage keeps recroding the end for me? All I can figure out to do is hit the rewind key which is painfully slow, or wait for it to finish recording and then watch it as it defaults to start from the beginning then... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

G
WinXP Pro, SageTV v2, AMD Athlon Pro 3000A+, 256 DDR333 PC2700 Non-ECC Elixir, VIA KM266 motherboard, 160GB Seagate harddrive, 20GB Maxtor harddrive, ATI RADEON 7500LE 128Mb SDR TV-Out , Hauppauge! WinTV-PVR 250 Personal Video Recorder (model 980).
Old 10-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Click on Recordings in the main menu, then click on your show. It should start at the beginning.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:38 PM
SageTVaholic

There's time scroll also.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness
When SageTV is recrding one of my TV shows (set up as a favorite in Sage) and I get home half-way through the show, how do I quickly start viewing it from the beginning while Sage keeps recroding the end for me?
Are you putting SageTV to sleep when you are not watching anything, or do you leave it running & playing a show and then simply turn the TV off? When you start watching a show, it should start playig from the beginning of the show, not the middle.

If you do use the time scroll feature, the quickest way to get back to the start is to use the "Skip Bkwd #2" command while in time scroll mode -- it will jump to the very beginning of the recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.