SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am using the 2.2.2 beta and version 15 of this STV. When I go to the setup menu and select channel setup it does not go to the channel setup screen, it goes to the setup wizard screen. Is anybody else seeing this?
Old 12-11-2004, 02:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've been using and loved this STV since its first release. However, with 14 Sage started crashing 80% of the time when deletinga recording when done watching it. I switched back to the original STV and the problems went away. I finally put release 15 on last night and was watching some of this week's recordings and the crash bug is still happening. I am running 2.1 and running Sage as a service.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Old 12-11-2004, 06:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFranch
I am using the 2.2.2 beta and version 15 of this STV. When I go to the setup menu and select channel setup it does not go to the channel setup screen, it goes to the setup wizard screen. Is anybody else seeing this?
Yep, have the same behavior
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

would it also be possible to have the ability to insert a disc with shows (dvd can handle 4.5 gig of divx moview), and have a menu to view shows from the inserted disk, I do not to want to copy the disk to the regular media storage folder, and then refresh list.

what i am asking here is something that say MCE2005 sees as basic, and it doesn't have to be very hard to configure.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

What does net new icon that has a lock icon on the favorites icon mean?
Old 12-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Sage Icon

Here is one for you...

Why does the HOME key not go back to the MAIN MENU?? It seems to do essentially the same thing as BACK. Which In think stinks. I already have a button for BACK, I don't need two.

Was this change in functionality of the HOME key intentional?

Jason
Old 12-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
I've been using and loved this STV since its first release. However, with 14 Sage started crashing 80% of the time when deletinga recording when done watching it. I switched back to the original STV and the problems went away. I finally put release 15 on last night and was watching some of this week's recordings and the crash bug is still happening. I am running 2.1 and running Sage as a service.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm experiencing this too. Cayars is aware of it and has mentioned he's working on a fix.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

While watching a currently recording show, selected through the Sage Recordings menu, the top of the hour hits and Sage asks if it's OK to change channels and record something else. The video continues to play in the background, but the remote and mouse fail to funtion and I cannot dismiss the Yes/No dialog. I am using Cayars v15, and I understand this might be part of the problem. This issue has been happening since 2.1.10 (now using 2.2.2 beta). I also submitted this as a bug to Frey.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Here is one for you...

Why does the HOME key not go back to the MAIN MENU?? It seems to do essentially the same thing as BACK. Which In think stinks. I already have a button for BACK, I don't need two.

Was this change in functionality of the HOME key intentional?

Jason
Rename your "HOME" key to "MENU" key and you'll be all set. The dynamic menus work a little different then the normal menus.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcox
While watching a currently recording show, selected through the Sage Recordings menu, the top of the hour hits and Sage asks if it's OK to change channels and record something else. The video continues to play in the background, but the remote and mouse fail to funtion and I cannot dismiss the Yes/No dialog. I am using Cayars v15, and I understand this might be part of the problem. This issue has been happening since 2.1.10 (now using 2.2.2 beta). I also submitted this as a bug to Frey.
Does this same thing happen to you when you are using the originalv2.stv or just my stv?
Old 12-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was wondering if its possible with this stv to eliminate teh OSD volume bar completely from the OSD. As a pvr 350 tv out user the volume bar does nothing for me so I was wondering if there was anyone I could edit the design to just not show the volume bar and possibly just center the other time bar on the bottom of the screen. Thanks
Old 12-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

The OSD volume bar is useless for people using the Media MVP client as well...

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDMB
I was wondering if its possible with this stv to eliminate teh OSD volume bar completely from the OSD. As a pvr 350 tv out user the volume bar does nothing for me so I was wondering if there was anyone I could edit the design to just not show the volume bar and possibly just center the other time bar on the bottom of the screen. Thanks
Old 12-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Does this same thing happen to you when you are using the originalv2.stv or just my stv?
I will have to try that sometime...

...honestly I've learned to deal with it and I'm not all that interested in TV without commerical skip....

Last edited by robertmcox; 12-16-2004 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

are there any issues with WindowsXP SP2 and Carlo's STV or with the new beta? I'm about to do a reinstall and I don't want to introduce new problems...

davey
Old 12-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
are there any issues with WindowsXP SP2 and Carlo's STV or with the new beta? I'm about to do a reinstall and I don't want to introduce new problems...

davey
Just to let you know Davey, my development machine has SP2 on it and I'm presently running 2.2.2. There isn't a beta for 16 yet. There is still much to do on it as it's one of the biggest releases yet as far as programming goes.

What I might do is stop working on the "external" items. Make a few more changes/fixes to the STV itself and release this as 16 and then when I've got all the external things ready make that a 17 release. Many of the changes in the STV itself will help performance in the OSD.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Cayars, I'll go ahead and do the upgrade, fingers crossed...
Old 12-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDMB
I was wondering if its possible with this stv to eliminate teh OSD volume bar completely from the OSD.
Good question. If you set the option for sage to use system volume, it would be nice to ditch the volume bar.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
What does net new icon that has a lock icon on the favorites icon mean?
Locked heart means favorites that must be "manually deleted". Sage won't delete them for new recordings, even if watched.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
*) Optional: Cut commercials out of video using ComSkip data.
In an unrelated yet related vein, would it be possible to fine-tune the ComSkip cut points when watching a recorded program? ie, bind a command to move nearest cut-in or cut-out point to current marker position.

Also it would be cool if the program bar, instead of turning white for BOTH watched portion of the program as well as watched or skipped commercials, would use two colors to retain the program and commercial markings. ie, white for watched program, light purple for watched commercial.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to chrysek Send a message via Yahoo to chrysek
Hey, if you install your STV, localweather does not work because MlbDude is not installed. It complains about getweather.exe program missing. Maybe in your support files you could include them and place them in directory up. It seems like SageMC for example is using them so I renamed SageMC to MlbDude and now local weather does work...

Just wanted to let you know... once again, I do love your STV since it is all I ever wanted... plus more
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB, D.VINE 4 w/VFD display Case, GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard, Dual DDR 400 1024mb RAM (2x512mb), Windows XP Pro SP2 + SageTV 4.1.12 + Java j2re-1.5._02, ATI 9600 128mb DVI out, 200gb OS Drive, 2x160gb EIDE and 7x400gb SATA Video storage hard drives, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Time Warner HD Digital Cable Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-250 to Dish Network Receiver, Hauppauge PVR-350 to Time Warner Cable redy input, ATI HDTV card, USB-UIRT w/Hauppauge remote.