SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
You using Beta 2?
Not yet... cool.

Quote:
There was a change made to how the Play command operates with items. It should be only one click now, where prior it was one to bring it into the preview window then one to go to full screen.
Well it was really confusing since I wasn't using (or seeing) a preview window. Guess I'll have to upgrade.

Kind of surpised nobody else commented on this.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Sage Icon

I like the preview feature, but if you start a video file, and then get out of it to do something else, it gets stuck playing the last video file in the preview. Is there a way to stop it?

Man, this adds so much to the base of SageTV. Thank you so much for your hard work.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:08 PM
SageTVaholic

mlb,

I found a bug for ya:

In the Series Settings, the start padding seems to be reversed. ie if you Set it to 1 minute before in your STV, it gets set to -1 minute or one minute late.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I like the preview feature, but if you start a video file, and then get out of it to do something else, it gets stuck playing the last video file in the preview. Is there a way to stop it?

Man, this adds so much to the base of SageTV. Thank you so much for your hard work.
Oh, push Stop twice. I see.

Another one for you. How do you get descriptions of ripped DVD's to show up when viewing a single video file?
Old 12-30-2004, 11:56 PM
SageTVaholic

See Here:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...&postcount=636
Old 12-31-2004, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
mlb,

I found a bug for ya:

In the Series Settings, the start padding seems to be reversed. ie if you Set it to 1 minute before in your STV, it gets set to -1 minute or one minute late.
Thanks it was reversed. That one alwasy confused me. Maybe now it will be easier for people .
Old 12-31-2004, 08:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

mlb - thanks for adding the new window when paused or viewing music that finally made my installation fully functional and 100% stable.

i sure hope this stv can be ported to sage 3.0!

my only quest now is to find out how to stop xvids losing sync when i fast forward or skip through them. the sync is only a tad off but as usual just enough to be distracting. not your problem though i have a feeling that it may be that my processor is at its limit when i resize xvid's with post processing back through ffdshow?
Old 12-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

With installing the Beta 2 my xml data seems to be broken... I had the option set to save locally and the folders do contain the individual xml docs. However, they are not being displayed any longer. Is there anything I must update to get them working again?

Thanks
Old 12-31-2004, 02:48 PM
Sage User

Time

mlbdude,

First I just wanna say thanks for making this STV. I just started using it as of Beta 2 and I love it.

With that said, there's one small change that would be nice to see and was hoping you could implement. When watching a video from the video library, the on-screen info that comes up doesn't include the current time in the upper right like it does with normal programs. I don't have a clock in my living room and so it is nice to always have access to the system time via the on-screen display. Would it be possible to add this?

Thanks!
Nick
Old 12-31-2004, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
With installing the Beta 2 my xml data seems to be broken... I had the option set to save locally and the folders do contain the individual xml docs. However, they are not being displayed any longer. Is there anything I must update to get them working again?

Thanks
Just make sure you have the Look for Meta Data for Video Files option enabled in the My Video Options menu.

Also, I notice that I am still including a copy a collection.xml in the SageMCE folder. It is possible you could overwrite your collection file if you store it in the same place. I will remove that file for next release.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSD
mlbdude,

First I just wanna say thanks for making this STV. I just started using it as of Beta 2 and I love it.

With that said, there's one small change that would be nice to see and was hoping you could implement. When watching a video from the video library, the on-screen info that comes up doesn't include the current time in the upper right like it does with normal programs. I don't have a clock in my living room and so it is nice to always have access to the system time via the on-screen display. Would it be possible to add this?

Thanks!
Nick
I am in feature freeze now that we are in beta so I can't but I will add that to the top of my list for 1.1.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Sage User

hi mlbdude

another very small feature request for a future release...would it be possible to have an option to hide the exit-cross on top of the main menu? would be great for everyone who uses sage frontend on tv and doesn't want anyone to exit to windows.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

The location I have set for collection.xml is different than default... maybe that has something to do with it... All the proper settings are set and it was previously working perfectly. Would the location of the collection.xml really be relevant considering there are individual xmls inside my video folders?

Also, when using previous channel is there a reason the OSD is not displayed?

And I have three folders inside one folder, for organizational appeal. I've dropped a folder.jpg in the parent folder and it doesn't show up. Is this normal or am I doing something improper?

Thanks again!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
The location I have set for collection.xml is different than default... maybe that has something to do with it... All the proper settings are set and it was previously working perfectly. Would the location of the collection.xml really be relevant considering there are individual xmls inside my video folders?

Also, when using previous channel is there a reason the OSD is not displayed?

And I have three folders inside one folder, for organizational appeal. I've dropped a folder.jpg in the parent folder and it doesn't show up. Is this normal or am I doing something improper?

Thanks again!
The location of the collection.xml would not matter in your case. I renamed mine to make sure the locals were being picked up and it still worked. Check to make sure there is a .class file in your Frey Technologies\SageTV\DVDPro2Sage folder.

I like the Previous Channel idea. Should have asked about it in Apha . Added to the list.

SageTV only imports images that are associated with a media file. For 1.1 I will be adding additional image support that should handle that (though this would be using file mappings and may be not work between server and clients since each are probably looking at different file structures).
Old 12-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to LegolasX21E Send a message via Yahoo to LegolasX21E
WOW NICE JOB! Im kinda mad now that I brought MCE 2005
Old 12-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Sage User

mlbdude,

Beta 2 is really nice. But I think I found a bug. When you play a record tv show, and press pause, then play again, there is no sound. I removed beta 2 and am just running the default stv and this does not occure.

Also, is there anyway to turn off those sounds?

Thank you for all your hard work and happy new year to all.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxcoop
Also, is there anyway to turn off those sounds?
Just delete the files, they're in:
STVs\OriginalV2\SageMCE\Sounds in your SageTV directory.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:58 PM
SageTVaholic

need a manual recording icon
Old 12-31-2004, 11:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
It is just too fast to use the skip to get through a commercial to be usefull for me.
mlbdude, you've been one of the folks who has gernally been against the idea that Sage needs a Tivo-like ff and rw. You've said that you are able to do quite well with the current skip method. The statement above reinforces this. In the three years I've been using SageTV I've still not become as proficient with getting past commericals using the skip method as I used to be with Tivo's ff method.

What's your secret? I'm not being facetious. I don't see Frey adding in Tivo like fw any time soon so I'd like to get some tips for using what's currently available. What are your ff and ff2 skip intervals set to? What strategy do you use to get past commercials (i.e. ff2 twice then rw once?)

I'd be more than happy to stop pining for a Tivo-like ff and rw if I could just get as good with the skip method as I used to be with Tivo's ff. I have a buddy who still uses Tivo and whenever I watch things on his set I still marvel at how quickly and accurately I can get through the commercials.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Sage User

As a former Tivo owner I would like to second Watter's post. I most definitely miss Tivo's method as I am not very good with skipping commercials. The problem for me is some have very short sets of commercials and then other times very long. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

David
Closed Thread