SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

I would be happy to do it myself as soon as I get my copy of Studio. I'm not a Java expert, but certainly can come up to speed quickly enough to figure THAT out...

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
No I don't bother with comskip because it is still really "dirty" and tends to cause more issues that I like. Jere knows this though and is working on an implementation that hopefully will not try and take over my machine.

You guys need to try and talk one of the other STV developers into doing a branced version of this. Seems like you all want that bad .
Old 01-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Sage Expert

is this a bug?

happy new year to all....

when i look a show and press the play button on my ir (this will show me the time bar), i have no sound after this...the same on my mp3`s...

have i a problem or is this a bug
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 01-02-2005, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gking
Instead of ripping my dvds to my harddrive Is there a way I can get the stv to ask to insert disk? I've setup my library using dvdprofiler and the data is listed correctly. the problem is when I hit play I get an error message b/c there is no file in the video_ts directory. This would be a nice feature b/c you could still browse dvd's but not have to store each one of them on the hard drive.
Coming in version 1.1.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makutaku
This STV is great !! Thanks mlbdude !

Anyone using this STV with the MCE remote ?

I'm using it with the MCE remote 2005 and latest SageTV2.2.2beta. Most of the keys (including "go back" ) work out of the box. 4 of the keys ("recorded TV", "guide", "LiveTV", "DVD menu" and "more" I could make work using Girder. The green start key, though, I can't detect with Girder.

The other problem is that the FWD\REW keys behave the same as the SKIP\REPLAY keys respectively : they advance or go back 10 seconds. I would like to change that but I don't see anything in Sage to do that. Trying to skip comercials in 10seconds jumps really sucks !

Could somebody help me please ?
Look for Timescroll and FF2/REW2 in the manual.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathman
1. Music Playback

With the origianl STV skin when you press play in the Music Jukebox the music plays and you get the awful coloured waterfall screen. With you wonderful STV the music simply plays. Thats fine but I am not able to adjust the volume. I think this is due to the fact that I use the old Hauppauge remote via USB UIRT and have the left key set to both Left and Volume. Is it possiible to configure your STV so that when you play MP3 you get the coulred waterfall as before?

2. Preview mode

With the release of Beta 2 a preview box of currently playing TV has been introduced. Is it possible to turn this off?

Finally many thanks for your hard work. use the old hauppauge remote.
1. You need to bind your left and right arrows to just left and right. Then bind volume up and volume down to those remote buttons as well.

2. The Preview is there to stay. If you disable preview video it becomes the "now" playing icon you can use to get into full screen TV.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Also, about the miniguide or whatever it's called... The Hauppauge remote uses the alternative channel change command, since it's sharing the up and down keys with thte channel up and down. This is why I'm seeing the two osd screen come up. Since there are alot of people who use sage with the remote that came with their PVR 250 can you please offer a setting somewhere to diable the miniguide entirely. I will never use it and it's really annoying.

Thank a lot as always for your hard work!
I have made the change for the next release to only bring up the mini-guide when live tv is currently recording. No more quick channel change.

Does the Hauppauge remote not have seperate buttons for the arrows and channel up and down? That is a shame.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
happy new year to all....

when i look a show and press the play button on my ir (this will show me the time bar), i have no sound after this...the same on my mp3`s...

have i a problem or is this a bug
Thanks, found it and fixed. For some reason it was sending it into 2x playback.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Mlbdude;

I'm having issues again with the xml data... I don't really know what I did to have it working on my client, but I was able to get it. Now that I'm attempting the same thing on my server, for some reason all I get is the "Overview" title without anything else. All is setup exactly like my client. I'm at a lose as to what the problem may be, can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks!
That is odd. Can you upload a screen shot? Also, what resolutions is the Server at?
Old 01-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

I'm running the Server on a regular SDTV at 800x600, have a look at the screenshot...

Take a peak at the multi-use commands in Sage's manual. I think Bathman's problems are because of the Hauppauge remote minimal buttons. Just like my issue, his is using the same buttons for left right as volume up down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (54.6 KB, 489 views)

Last edited by Wheemer; 01-02-2005 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I'm running the Server on a regular SDTV at 800x600, have a look at the screenshot...

Take a peak at the multi-use commands in Sage's manual. I think Bathman's problems are because of the Hauppauge remote minimal buttons. Just like my issue, his is using the same buttons for left right as volume up down.
Can you upload a copy of the XML in this folder? We will try and debug it for you.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:00 PM

RC1 is uploaded. See first post for changes and download.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

RC1:

the record icon is still flakey. When you are watching a show on the guide - you get a yellow icon. If you push record, it stays yellow.. it turns red on the OSD, not the guide. if you push record on a future show, the record icon does work.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
RC1:

the record icon is still flakey. When you are watching a show on the guide - you get a yellow icon. If you push record, it stays yellow.. it turns red on the OSD, not the guide. if you push record on a future show, the record icon does work.
Yellow means "Currently Recording". The way you describe it is how it is supposed to work. I will make sure I add something to the manual about those icons.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Yellow means "Currently Recording". The way you describe it is how it is supposed to work. I will make sure I add something to the manual about those icons.
that makes sense. but in that case, the osd is wrong, because if you push "REC" the OSD turns red - instead of staying yellow like the guide.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
that makes sense. but in that case, the osd is wrong, because if you push "REC" the OSD turns red - instead of staying yellow like the guide.
When I do this I get two icons in the OSD. The Yellow disk and the Red one. Can you post an image if you get something else?
Old 01-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

RC1 looks good. Quick re-request for a completely watched series to have a 'watched' indicator in 'Recordings'.

Also, is anyone else having problems with the weather module receiving data? I had previously got a non-standard path to the STV but changed it this time to the 'standard' (originalV2) path and now I can't retrieve data. I'll play with it some more but I guess it's possible that the problem is the feed - is it working for everyone else?

Andy.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to matterw
I am not sure if this is by design or not, but when I go to the "My TV" area and go into a show I am unable to "go up a level".
Old 01-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a tutorial thread on adding apps to the "Other Programs" section?
Old 01-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
RC1 looks good. Quick re-request for a completely watched series to have a 'watched' indicator in 'Recordings'.

Also, is anyone else having problems with the weather module receiving data? I had previously got a non-standard path to the STV but changed it this time to the 'standard' (originalV2) path and now I can't retrieve data. I'll play with it some more but I guess it's possible that the problem is the feed - is it working for everyone else?

Andy.

Yes, I am having that same problem. I download and follow the instructions, go to the weather menu and data is never received.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

Mlbdude;

I can upload my collection.xml file no problem, but this is the same file that works on my client perfectly, so I have my doubts about it being the cause of my problems. Let me know if you still want to view it.

The changes made to the mini guide negatively affects me. Now I have to hit up once to get the guide to come up, then hit up again to move up a channel and finally hit OK to actually tune to that channel. So my channel surfing went from a single click to three clicks. I'm not sure what can be done about it. It would just be simpler for me if I could disable the mini guide entirely and have the channels change as before.

Or if you have a better idea... I really do not want to have to hit multiple buttons to just change the channel up or down.

Thanks!
Closed Thread