SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Sage Icon

Well I'm planning on using the ATI for a client I'm going to setup, this is a change. So that's why I needed the hauppauge to work for my server. I'm investigating reprogramming my STV remote with the JP1 cable to work with my 250's IR sensor, that should be fun...

Quote:
Also, can you put a right/left arrow on the miniguide so we can browse forward?
Also, side note: If you impliment the left right buttons for use with the mini guide you will probably messup the dual command for the volume!!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Well I'm planning on using the ATI for a client I'm going to setup, this is a change. So that's why I needed the hauppauge to work for my server. I'm investigating reprogramming my STV remote with the JP1 cable to work with my 250's IR sensor, that should be fun...

Also, side note: If you impliment the left right buttons for use with the mini guide you will probably messup the dual command for the volume!!
The left and right mini-guide is not coming until a later version. Also, I got around that before by not allowing volume to be controlled when the mini-guide is up.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Is there a tutorial thread on adding apps to the "Other Programs" section?
Oh, helps to read the manual.

Great job on this STV. Wouldn't use any other.

Maybe in a couple months, I'll be able to fully use it (when I build my HTPC).
Old 01-05-2005, 06:16 PM

Hmmm, I see that you used that graphics I made for Media Portal. I don't mind you using it. However, keep in mind that when you use other peoples work it is always nice to credit the creator.

Since you seem to have used MUCH of the graphics I created and not just bits and pieces I would like to see my name mentioned, as a thanks for putting in two months of graphic creation so that you could skip that

Cheers and hey, it looks good
Old 01-05-2005, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsonite
Hmmm, I see that you used that graphics I made for Media Portal. I don't mind you using it. However, keep in mind that when you use other peoples work it is always nice to credit the creator.

Since you seem to have used MUCH of the graphics I created and not just bits and pieces I would like to see my name mentioned, as a thanks for putting in two months of graphic creation so that you could skip that

Cheers and hey, it looks good
Not a problem. Somewhere in this thread I did mention that I used the graphics from Media Portal. I will credit you directly on release. Thanks for the great work.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Not a problem. Somewhere in this thread I did mention that I used the graphics from Media Portal. I will credit you directly on release. Thanks for the great work.
I saw that and that was most important since this graphics was made specificly for Media Portal. Good that we are on the same page.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

I've got the folder, C:\SageTVPrograms. I've put a shortcut to iTunes.exe in there, as well as a screen shot of the program open, saved in the same folder as iTunes.jpg. How small must this .jpg be, before it will show up in "Other Programs"? Right now, it doesn't show up. The .jpg is the resolution of my screen, do I need to resize it?

Also, I notice that when you click on the program, it closes Sage, and opens the program. Is there a way to just minimize Sage, and open the program, so that you don't have to restart Sage when you want it back?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Sage Icon

There is still an issue with the click sounds. When you and navigating in a list and you reach the top most and you click up there is no sound. Same goes for the bottom most and clicking down, no sound. I mentioned this before and I don't remember it being addressed. It doesn't seem like something that would be a feature...

I am really hoping that this STV will follow Sage's change to 3.0. I'm not sure how different or similar it will be, but they better not change anything that would disable SageMC!!!

Personally, using any other STV doesn't even come close to the pleasant, easy of use and beauty of this STV.

I was instantly drawn to Media Portal when I saw Samsonites creation. However they still have a long way to go to get to the stability and functionality of Sage.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Sage User

mlbdude, did you see my post on page 20?

thanks, nick
Old 01-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Sage Icon

you don't have a post on page 20
Old 01-06-2005, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSD
mlbdude, did you see my post on page 20?

thanks, nick
If you are talking about the My Pictures post yet. My Pictures is not really being addressed in the 1.0 release. It really just got the look. I don't use it so it got the shaft unfortunately. It will be looked at again in 1.1.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I've got the folder, C:\SageTVPrograms. I've put a shortcut to iTunes.exe in there, as well as a screen shot of the program open, saved in the same folder as iTunes.jpg. How small must this .jpg be, before it will show up in "Other Programs"? Right now, it doesn't show up. The .jpg is the resolution of my screen, do I need to resize it?

Also, I notice that when you click on the program, it closes Sage, and opens the program. Is there a way to just minimize Sage, and open the program, so that you don't have to restart Sage when you want it back?
Is the image the same name as the shortcut? Can you post a screen cap of your explorer folder?

Sage does not close when a program runs, it goes to Sleep. This is to close out any open DX contexts and to make sure Sage does not receive any commands from the remote. The one command it will receive though is the command to bring it out of Sleep.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
There is still an issue with the click sounds. When you and navigating in a list and you reach the top most and you click up there is no sound. Same goes for the bottom most and clicking down, no sound. I mentioned this before and I don't remember it being addressed. It doesn't seem like something that would be a feature...

I am really hoping that this STV will follow Sage's change to 3.0. I'm not sure how different or similar it will be, but they better not change anything that would disable SageMC!!!

Personally, using any other STV doesn't even come close to the pleasant, easy of use and beauty of this STV.

I was instantly drawn to Media Portal when I saw Samsonites creation. However they still have a long way to go to get to the stability and functionality of Sage.
The missing click sounds on tables is a Sage core bug that I can't fix. I will report it to Frey in hopes it gets fixed in the next release.

Sage 3.0 UI should not have too many core changes (if any). I would expect it to just be a little cleaner and hopefully have some of the major navigation issues corrected. You never know, you may like it!

That is one problem with any of these STV's. A version of Sage could come out and make them obsolete. That is why I am still holding onto my MCE install - I don't want to risk getting a cruddy UI myself .
Old 01-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Sage 3.0 UI should not have too many core changes (if any). I would expect it to just be a little cleaner and hopefully have some of the major navigation issues corrected. You never know, you may like it!
are you privy to 3.0? it has tempered my need to obtain mce 2005 by quite a margin.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
There should be a FAQ on this question, seems to come up every day. Once you start using the back button it makes sense. I use a button labelled 'exit' on my remote which happens to be next to my navigation buttons making it easy and quick to press.
I already went that route and it was vetoed by wife and kids after 2 minutes.
MLBDUDE, what remote do you give blessing too for your STV? I would buy it.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
I already went that route and it was vetoed by wife and kids after 2 minutes.
MLBDUDE, what remote do you give blessing too for your STV? I would buy it.
I use the MCE remote. I would also recommend the ATI remote or a nice cheap one is the new Hauppauge remote. Though all will have a button that says either back or exit they should also have enough buttons for arrows and SEPARATE volume and channel buttons. A remote with a Home or Start button is nice too so you can bind that to take you back to the Start menu.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=GbrNole]
Quote:
Sage 3.0 UI should not have too many core changes (if any). I would expect it to just be a little cleaner and hopefully have some of the major navigation issues corrected. You never know, you may like it!QUOTE]

are you privy to 3.0? it has tempered my need to obtain mce 2005 by quite a margin.
I am only privy to what is exposed by the SageTV core via Studio - and those are the items we don't want to change.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is the image the same name as the shortcut? Can you post a screen cap of your explorer folder?

Sage does not close when a program runs, it goes to Sleep. This is to close out any open DX contexts and to make sure Sage does not receive any commands from the remote. The one command it will receive though is the command to bring it out of Sleep.
Ah, that explains why it seemed like Sage was closing so fast. Normally, if I click the close button, it takes a while for it to actually close. Need to see what my sleep command is.

Yes, the image name is the same. I will post a screen capture tonight when I get home. The program name is iTunes.exe, and the image is iTunes.jpg. I get a box for iTunes, but no picture.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Ah, that explains why it seemed like Sage was closing so fast. Normally, if I click the close button, it takes a while for it to actually close. Need to see what my sleep command is.

Yes, the image name is the same. I will post a screen capture tonight when I get home. The program name is iTunes.exe, and the image is iTunes.jpg. I get a box for iTunes, but no picture.
If you did not see it here is what my setup looks like.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...7&postcount=51
Old 01-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Mlbdude, do you have an MCE remote on a PC that has XP SP2 and not MCE 2005? Since I updated to XP SP2 the green start button does not map to the standard Windows Start button anymore and girder still does not receive it.

The STV has come along nicely. Love it. I do notice that if I am in an original format page (such as tuner setup) and go to some pages such as the TV Guide or Sage Recordings that the old format screens appear. Is that something that cannot be changed without recreating the page yourself? (like the tuner setup page). Not a big deal since those pages are only used for configuration.
Closed Thread