SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Mlbdude, do you have an MCE remote on a PC that has XP SP2 and not MCE 2005? Since I updated to XP SP2 the green start button does not map to the standard Windows Start button anymore and girder still does not receive it.

The STV has come along nicely. Love it. I do notice that if I am in an original format page (such as tuner setup) and go to some pages such as the TV Guide or Sage Recordings that the old format screens appear. Is that something that cannot be changed without recreating the page yourself? (like the tuner setup page). Not a big deal since those pages are only used for configuration.
I use the MCE remote on an MCE 05 machine. Never tried it on a normal XP machine. I think I heard of that button NOT working via girder and needing to run another program for it.

The other pages will be hosed like that for awhile. They are low on the priority so that I can focus on the menus that get used daily. I will probably clean them up a bit in another release but for now it may be better to do initial and complex configuration with the default STV.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am using the current RC1 of this stv. When I use the guide I do not see any Channel logos. I have read thought the docs and rather large thread and see where on page 27 the release 4.9.6 added this feature, I also saw a reference to Folder.IMGS but did not find any instruction on how to implement this feature. I assume I need to get the logos from somewhere and then put them in a folder. Any help would be appreciated.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:38 AM

Try these...

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...=channel+logos

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8186
Old 01-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
watcha mlbdude!

In RC1 the 'play from here' seems to have gone from the Jukebox. Is this intentional?
Doh! it's there.

not sure how I missed it, two weeks of not using Sage perhaps.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Got it thanks.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Sage User

thx

Yep, that's the one. Sorry, I'm not sure why I said page 20. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to 1.1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
If you are talking about the My Pictures post yet. My Pictures is not really being addressed in the 1.0 release. It really just got the look. I don't use it so it got the shaft unfortunately. It will be looked at again in 1.1.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you did not see it here is what my setup looks like.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...7&postcount=51
56KB pictures? Are these full size jpg's of your screen? I haven't checked to see what mine are.

The only difference I can tell by looking at what you have, is that my shortcut is listed in the exploder window as "iTunes.exe" while yours does not show the extention. As far as I know, there was an option in exploder that you can check known extentions to be hidden. So, I'm sure your extention is still there, just not shown, right?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

On a different note, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. Is WinMCE just a version of XP Pro that has the MCE software built-in, or is MCE more of an XP Home edition?

I want to be able to do remote desktop (the HTPC being the remote machine), and I've heard that you have to have XP Pro on the remote machine, in order to do this.

I don't plan on using MCE (as is obvious here), but it's $15 cheaper than a copy of XP Pro. What's your opinion here?
Old 01-06-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
On a different note, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. Is WinMCE just a version of XP Pro that has the MCE software built-in, or is MCE more of an XP Home edition?

I want to be able to do remote desktop (the HTPC being the remote machine), and I've heard that you have to have XP Pro on the remote machine, in order to do this.

I don't plan on using MCE (as is obvious here), but it's $15 cheaper than a copy of XP Pro. What's your opinion here?
MCE is closer to XP Pro. It has some limitations like not being able to join a domain, but it does allow remote desktop. For a home environment I think it is a much better value and get you get the bonus front end.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
56KB pictures? Are these full size jpg's of your screen? I haven't checked to see what mine are.

The only difference I can tell by looking at what you have, is that my shortcut is listed in the exploder window as "iTunes.exe" while yours does not show the extention. As far as I know, there was an option in exploder that you can check known extentions to be hidden. So, I'm sure your extention is still there, just not shown, right?
Those images are probably full size application screen shots. Just did an alt-print screen. Those shortcuts are links with the .lnk extension. It should not work with the .exe. I use the .lnk's so that users can configure the command line properties of each program however they would like.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Been using this for a while and have found it a great improvement over the original STV.

However I've got a bug and a couple of strange problems (bet you didnt see that comming )

Bug
1. Sometime when scrolling through the recorded TV sorted by title, I get a vertical bar of 'noise' instead of a scrool and a new entry. It looks like the plot of the new green and blue bar gets corrupted and plots vertically and puts the green and blue pixels in randomly. It's rarer in RC1. I suspect this is because the longer titles are now all truncated too much shorter values than before.

Problems
1. individual Meta datafiles dont work correctly on the server (not running SageTV as a service). The titles appear (e.g. Released:, Overview: ) but there's no text. The file must be right as the display is fine on the client! Both ends pickup that the video is stored on a UNC path.

2. If I have a folder "Red Dwarf\Series 4\" with several avi files in, one per episode the only images that gets picked up for files 2 onwards is folder.jpg

Setup
XP Home, SageTV 2.1.2, PVR350 + PVR250, All output is via the PVR350 card,
Old 01-06-2005, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
Been using this for a while and have found it a great improvement over the original STV.

However I've got a bug and a couple of strange problems (bet you didnt see that comming )

Bug
1. Sometime when scrolling through the recorded TV sorted by title, I get a vertical bar of 'noise' instead of a scrool and a new entry. It looks like the plot of the new green and blue bar gets corrupted and plots vertically and puts the green and blue pixels in randomly. It's rarer in RC1. I suspect this is because the longer titles are now all truncated too much shorter values than before.

Problems
1. individual Meta datafiles dont work correctly on the server (not running SageTV as a service). The titles appear (e.g. Released:, Overview: ) but there's no text. The file must be right as the display is fine on the client! Both ends pickup that the video is stored on a UNC path.

2. If I have a folder "Red Dwarf\Series 4\" with several avi files in, one per episode the only images that gets picked up for files 2 onwards is folder.jpg

Setup
XP Home, SageTV 2.1.2, PVR350 + PVR250, All output is via the PVR350 card,
Bug #1
Try and get me a screen cap.

Problems
#1 I develop on SageTV server and don't use client and I can't dupliacate this. However, you sre user 2 with this so we should be able to figure this out.

#2 This is not controlled by this STV. See what it looks like in the default one. Do you have the images named the same as the avi? Try removeing then importing that folder again.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Bug #1
Try and get me a screen cap.
Can you capture the PVR350 output? The window on the monitor looks fine.
I guess I could try a photo but my camera doesnt do closeups. (It only happens in this STV BTW)

Quote:
#2 This is not controlled by this STV. See what it looks like in the default one. Do you have the images named the same as the avi? Try removeing then importing that folder again.
Ah! It does seem to be a problem with the original STV as well. The images are definitely the right name as I do a rename of the avi and copy the name from there. I've tried reimporting with no change. Actually even if I delete the folder.jpg the same image appears!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Those images are probably full size application screen shots. Just did an alt-print screen. Those shortcuts are links with the .lnk extension. It should not work with the .exe. I use the .lnk's so that users can configure the command line properties of each program however they would like.
Strange. That was it. I copied the shortcut on my desktop, then did a paste into the same folder, and it now works. I deleted the .exe shortcut. That was weird.

Thanks also for the advice on the OS. I think I'll just go with MCE then. I just wanted to make sure I could do remote desktop.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is minor, but I don't get weather icons for some of the weather situations. For example "Heavy Rain/Wind" and "Rain Late" show blank icons. Incidentally, the "Heavy Rain.png" file is named "Heaby Rain.png" I'm guessing typo.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
Can you capture the PVR350 output? The window on the monitor looks fine.
I guess I could try a photo but my camera doesnt do closeups. (It only happens in this STV BTW)

Ah! It does seem to be a problem with the original STV as well. The images are definitely the right name as I do a rename of the avi and copy the name from there. I've tried reimporting with no change. Actually even if I delete the folder.jpg the same image appears!
If you are seeing that on the 350 output only then that is a bug in the Sage core. While Frey does not support custom STV's they do support the API that is used to create them. You should be able to file a bug report for that. My 350 is long gone so I can't even try and recreate it.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
This is minor, but I don't get weather icons for some of the weather situations. For example "Heavy Rain/Wind" and "Rain Late" show blank icons. Incidentally, the "Heavy Rain.png" file is named "Heaby Rain.png" I'm guessing typo.
Yeah weather icons are not guaranteed to all be there. I will get that type one though. If you get those types often you can create your own from the others in the weather folder.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
I just loaded this skin up and while I know this is on the edge of supportability, I'm testing Sage and various skins on my laptop until I get my system built and tuners arrive. Anyway, when I try to navigate through the menus I can see everything fine, I just can't click on the navigation butts in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. The show up, just don't do anything. So am I at a dead end until I can get a remote working or is there a way for me to continue to mess with this?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott_m
I just loaded this skin up and while I know this is on the edge of supportability, I'm testing Sage and various skins on my laptop until I get my system built and tuners arrive. Anyway, when I try to navigate through the menus I can see everything fine, I just can't click on the navigation butts in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. The show up, just don't do anything. So am I at a dead end until I can get a remote working or is there a way for me to continue to mess with this?
SageMC like MCE is a remote only application.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude:
does the localization via the string properties already work ? Seem not to get any localzation due, maybe my problem, but i remember another post conc. that...
Anyway, cannot use sage without your stv allready (love it)..
Closed Thread