SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoep
mlbdude:
does the localization via the string properties already work ? Seem not to get any localzation due, maybe my problem, but i remember another post conc. that...
Anyway, cannot use sage without your stv allready (love it)..
I can't get any of the localization to work (though I am NOT an expert on how it works). Have not tried it with any other STV though.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage User

@hoep

I was playing around with it for a while now. The localisation works for about 70%-80% of menu-items or sentences (on the start page for example it only works for the dvd player and the settings). I can't really explain why, but the other items seem to be hardcoded/impossible to translate.

@mlbdude
If you like I could give you a list of expressions that don't work the way the others do ("S" & underscore & Item [where underscores represent free spaces]).
Old 01-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Yeah weather icons are not guaranteed to all be there. I will get that type one though. If you get those types often you can create your own from the others in the weather folder.
What are the correct filenames for the weather types? For example, Heavy Rain/Wind.png doesn't work because you can't have a "/" in the file name.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage Icon

Just to update, I see there is someone else experiencing the problem of the XML info not showing up. I've tried to get it working again to no avail. It is still working on the first client I tried it on. However on the server and on another client I tried, It simple will not work. Just as described, I see the headings only.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Sage User

@flashbacck

I think you have to use the tilde, Heavy Rain~Wind.png
Old 01-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

Actually if you open weather.txt and just copy the text description, then past it into the new file name, it pastes the correct format.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
What are the correct filenames for the weather types? For example, Heavy Rain/Wind.png doesn't work because you can't have a "/" in the file name.
I believe I substitute it for a space " ". Will make a formal post about it when I double check.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Just to update, I see there is someone else experiencing the problem of the XML info not showing up. I've tried to get it working again to no avail. It is still working on the first client I tried it on. However on the server and on another client I tried, It simple will not work. Just as described, I see the headings only.
There was a posting recently of someone else getting this. he though maybe it had to do with a difference between the server and client. Problem is I only have server installed and don't use the client.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott_m
I just loaded this skin up and while I know this is on the edge of supportability, I'm testing Sage and various skins on my laptop until I get my system built and tuners arrive. Anyway, when I try to navigate through the menus I can see everything fine, I just can't click on the navigation butts in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. The show up, just don't do anything. So am I at a dead end until I can get a remote working or is there a way for me to continue to mess with this?
If you are talking about the up and down arrows, like when looking at ripped movies, songs, or movie information, you can use your arrow keys to "click" on them.

I'm doing the same thing you are doing, only using a desktop, but with no tuner cards.

Can't wait to order my components.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

I've tried linking them all with the exact same path to one collection.xml and I've tried individual collextion.xml files in the default location. It doesn't seem to matter, the one client always works and the server along with a second client never works... Not really such a big deal, since I find it somewhat tedious to go through all the steps just to see that extra info. It would be nice if it just did an automatic lookup on imdb for every media file I add.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:16 PM
SageTVaholic

It does do an automatic lookup, for every media file, it will search the monolithic collection.xml for a match. Unfortunately right now it's very picky about naming.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Sage Icon

Per above. That would be cool about the IMDB.

Question.
Is there a way to import (or have SageTV)/read playlists generated using iTunes? I like the "smart" playlists, and it would be great to use them inside of SageMC.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Sage Icon

I think he means that for every media file he adds, SageMC (or some other program) would go out to IMDB and pull all the actor/description information, and store it in the file, not just match the data from DVD Profiler, and bring it up in SageMC. Basically skiping the step to use DVD Profiler, which requires you to enter your DVD.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

Bingo! DVDprofiler is not exactly the smoothest program to use. I also like naming movies starting with "The" in the "Movie Name, The" format. Which I have to edit manually.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

BRAVO!

Dude! It's a beautiful thing! You are extremely talented. Thank you for this interface design. I own a Media Center system and have SageTV installed on a second system. This certainly makes going between systems much easier. It's also great on the eyes. Microsoft's UI is superlative and now you've brought that look & feel to the superior functionality of SageTV. BRAVO!

Any chance of having a mousable back or home icon at the top of the screen?

Regards,
Rob
Old 01-08-2005, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

as an alternative to DVDProfiler, try www.gotchacoveredonline.com

Gotcha covered can search for cover art for albums and DVDs and the pro version can also get DVD profiles and save them in the .my format... It can search the disk for files and does lookups on file names... It was written for myHTPC originally...
Old 01-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Weather Module

I put the SageMC directory as your recommend by itself as

c:\program files\frey technologies\SageTV\SageMC_RC1

Now when I try and do weather all I get is loading... Is there some path somewhere that I don't know about. Would sorta like to get this feature working. Thanks again for all your hard work.

I did check if the firewall was causing an issue but I disabled it and there was no change. I also saw somebody also may have had this problem but his explanation was not enough detail for me...

-tReP
Old 01-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

You are supposed to keep the directory names and structure as in the zip file.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I figured out the problem. The configuration file still has the old path from before MLBDUDE recommended that Sage is in its own "personal" directory. I adjusted the path and it works again.

-tReP
Old 01-09-2005, 10:07 AM

Release 1.0 is out. Only one change so you may not even need to download again. All issues that I could recreated have been fixed. I realize their may be others but I needed to get 1.0 out so I could start to add new features again. If we can nail down any of the other issues you are having fixes will be included in the next beta.

Thanks all!
Closed Thread