SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage
What's wrong with mapping the BACKSPACE keyboard button? That's how I have it on my server.
David
My purpose is to navigate the menus with the mouse only, no keyboard.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Maybe a stupid question: does this STV also work with SageTV 2.0.20?

(The reason I ask this is that SageTV 2.1 does not work for me in combination with a PVR 350-> the 100% cpu bug.. :-( )
Old 01-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972
Maybe a stupid question: does this STV also work with SageTV 2.0.20?

(The reason I ask this is that SageTV 2.1 does not work for me in combination with a PVR 350-> the 100% cpu bug.. :-( )

Looks like 2.1 only ...

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showpos...06&postcount=1
Old 01-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Sage Icon

Has anyone upgraded to 2.2.3 (I think that is the current beta)? When I did, everytime i pressed the down key on the remote or keyboard when i was on the main screen or EPG--the preview window would stop. It would happen all the time on the main screen and only sometimes on the EPG. Up and left/right worked fine though. I downgraded to 2.2 and everything works as expected again.
JUC
Old 01-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have upgraded to SageTV V2.2.3 and do not have problem you describe
Do you have Detailed settings/Multimedia Video Menue Option set to: IF Active?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

haven't checked yet but will when i get home . thanks for the tip. It also might have been something buggy with my installation and I should probably try it one more time.
JUC
Old 01-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

Don't know if someone hasn't already pointed this out, but when in the guide, the left arrow for the time, covers up the first time in the display. Might have to center the time on the columns or something to get past it, if you can't move the arrows to a better location.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Don't know if someone hasn't already pointed this out, but when in the guide, the left arrow for the time, covers up the first time in the display. Might have to center the time on the columns or something to get past it, if you can't move the arrows to a better location.
Those are there if you have enable mouse icons on. It is a bug though. They are removed for next release.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Sage Icon

How are recording conflicts shown? I noticed on the stock STV a recording conflict was apparent while in SageMC there was nothing telling me this.

Also the channel changing methos has not actually been returned to the previous method. Using my 250's remote the channel up down simply operate the miniguide. Before it would change the channel as it should, although with the miniguide and regular osd showing up.

Also, even with operating the miniguide it consistantly stops responding to the button presses. I know you mentioned it being some sorta timeout or something... It still seems like a bug.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:05 AM

Hey all,

I am sorry to say that due to other things going on in my life I am no longer going to develop or support this (or any) STV's. It has been fun working with everyone and I hope this STV continues to be useful for some time.

I would like to ask the experienced users of this STV to continue to give help in these forums to new users of it.

If any of the other STV developers would like to continue this project I would be more than happy to provide all the sources.

Again, thanks everyone!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

I'm very sad to hear this mlbdude!

While I DO have a ton of other things I'm working on I've followed your progress on this STV since it began and think it's wonderful. While I'm not a big "MC" fan I know a lot of other people really like the simplicity of the "MC" interface.

While I already have an active STV being developed (power users) I could surely put some time into this STV and help with bug issues and what not. I would not want to see all your efforts go to waste.

With that said, I'll volunteer to take it over and maybe spearhead a few other STV developers to help too as a "community" project.

I'll get in touch with you on this later today.

Carlo

PS I hope all your future developments are as fruitfull as your contributions here for SageTV and I wish you the best of luck with everything else going on in your life!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mlbdude,
Thank you for the fantastic work you have done. Pity you stop, but we have to appreciate that there are other things in life. You have left us a wonderful piece of software.
Thanks again and good luck.

jan smit
Old 01-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

forget the stv i just hope that everything is ok in the mlbdude household? nothing too serious and just a long list of things to do is what i'm hoping!

thanks for all your great efforts mlb they have been truly appreciated and best of luck in your future endeavors.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for this STV mlb! It is by far the most user friendly STV (high WAF). Hope all is well. Good luck in all else

Mart
Old 01-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Sage Expert

water in my eyes

thanks for all for your great work and i wish you and yours love people the best for the future.

Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 01-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Sage Expert

thank you, mlbdude, for all your hard work past and present and I know you will be as successful at your next project as you were at this one.

Job Well Done.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

My hope and support extends to you and your family. I certainly hope there soon will come a time when everything settles in your life. The PVR community will miss you and your wonderful contributions.

Peace.

EDIT: This may be pushing it, but was there one last update for the road?

Last edited by Wheemer; 01-18-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!! This stv has given the WAF a new meaning. Any help from other developers on the sagemc front would be greatly appreciated.
thanks again
JUC
Old 01-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I must be one heck of a selfish jerk, because all I could think after reading mlbdude's post was

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! PLEASE DON"T STOP DEVELOPING SAGEMC!!

I feel guilty now after reading all these thoughtful considerate posts wishing him well.

Oh well, good luck to you mlbdude!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Good luck mlbdude, I've used all of your STV's as they've become available, and each one was better than the last. Best wishes in all your future endeavors!

(and thanks for the nod to my graphics contribution.)

Paul
Closed Thread