SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 05:17 PM

Best of luck in all you do.
SageMC is truelly unigue among the STVs available here. I can see it going on with the help of others, but somehow it won't be the same without you.

Take care,

/justme
Old 01-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

*sigh* this is why I wish studio was freely available. Thanks for everything Mlb.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Sage Icon

So when you actually make arrangements to pass the torch to Cayars please let us know. I am anxious to start making requests.

That said, I hope this STV continues on with the "Simpler is better" philosophy.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Best wishes to you mlbdude. Thanks a bunch for your STV.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 01-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Sage Expert

is the link to this STV dead?

EDIT: nevermind

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-19-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey, folks. After speaking with mlbdude and Cayers, I've decided to adopt SageMC and continue the work on this fantastic STV. For me, this STV was when SageTV really made it into the big time in my house so I just couldn't bear to see it fall to the wayside.

I'll do my best to maintain the level of quality that has been a hallmark of this STV. As one part of that, I will maintain SageMC's focus on simplicity. This doesn't mean I won't consider some advanced features, but it does mean that I won't go implementing items willy nilly. I probably won't be as strict as mlbdude was in sticking a closely as possible to MCE 2005. One reason for that is that I don't even have MCE 2005 to compare to.

My first goal will be to address any remaining bugs that folks have discovered since the 1.0 release.

So, with that in mind, I have some good news and some bad news. First the bad news. Due to poor timing, I'm heading out for a ten day vacation on Friday (01/21). That means that I almost certainly will not be able to get to any STV work until I return on the 30th.

The good news? I'm the project manager for a couple of software products (two commerical and one open source) so I'm something of a stickler for issue tracking. Later today I'll provide a link to a issue tracking system that I hope you folks who are using SageMC will utilize to submit bugs and feature requests. This will give me an opportunity to systematically address the problems as well as schedule new features. Do you have an idea for the STV? Then go nuts and submit as much detail as you can.

I'll have that site up in a few hours and I'll post a link here when it's ready.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Watter,

Great you are picking up the ball. Have good vacation and when back do not forget what I believe made SageMC so great:
KISS= Keep It Super Simpel!!
Old 01-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Sage Icon

Good news Watter, I'm confident that we'll have a fantasic STV as time passes. And I'm sure people will have no problem using an Issue/Request tracking system. This thread can become pretty daunting to the newer users. Hopefully the system you speak of has the ability to handle like issues/requests appropriately.

A few things off the top of my head are: It would be nice if the most popular things already developed by other users where incorporated into SageMC. The webserver, commercial skip and possibly something should be done about the xml lookup for imported videos. Currently that feature seems to have a bug or two that doesn't allow me to get it working.

A revamp of the weather module would be nice too, as the current one can have missing images if a new description is used on www.weather.com.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Sage User

hey watter

wish you good luck and lots of energy for developping ...and don't forget the few translation problems that are still not solved...
Old 01-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mlb,
Just wanted to say, your probably one if not THE reason I bought Sage. I used your STV's right from the begining. So all the best buddy. check in once in awhile so you can see how IT ALL GOES DOWN HILL FROM HERE!!!!! JK
Take care
Old 01-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Allrighty, things are mostly setup.

Forums: Having all of the information related to an STV in a single monster thread makes life difficult. It's hard to find useful information and have discussions about individual topics. Because of this I set up some forums for the STV. They can be reached via:
http://sage.welchkin.net/forums

Issue Tracker: Feel free to submit bugs, improvements, or feature suggestions via the issue tracker. You can also just use the forums if you prefer, and I'll create the issue in the tracker if it makes the cut. Either way is fine. It can be reached from via:
http://sage.welchkin.net:8090/itracker

Feel free to use or not use these resources. This thread will still be monitored, of course.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Good luck with your endeavors, Mlbdude. As mentioned above, it's community members such as yourself that have made SageTV what it is today.

Watter - if possible, could you update the first post in this thread with the information/links you posted above? I'm sure this thread will continue to grow, and not too many people will think about going to page 48 post 951 to find that information. Thanks for taking over the project!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Watter - if possible, could you update the first post in this thread with the information/links you posted above? I'm sure this thread will continue to grow, and not too many people will think about going to page 48 post 951 to find that information. Thanks for taking over the project!
I'm unable to edit mlbdude's post. I suppose I could simply start a second thread. After almost a thousand posts, perhaps it's time for one.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

Well perhaps MlbDude could possibly do the honours, not sure if he will still be following this thread.

But I guess you'll eventually need to start your own to post the updated files. Just make sure that sticky at the to of this customization forum reflects the new thread.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watter
Allrighty, things are mostly setup.

http://sage.welchkin.net/forums

http://sage.welchkin.net:8090/itracker

Feel free to use or not use these resources. This thread will still be monitored, of course.
Looks like a good start. Although I'm not sure small (unresizable) white text on a blue background is the easiest to read. Certainly on my SageTV box it's just a blur.

Making the email address field light gray on white on the registration page is just plain silly!.
I've subscribed, but not received any confirmation, probably because I got the email address wrong.

Oh and the bit in the FAQ about your email addreses being hidden until people login is not true. (I'm glad I told it to hide my email address! ALthough if I had I'd be able to see if I got it wrong.)

Oh and I suspect a new thread might be a good idea. It also makes it more obvious that soemone else has taken over. Can threads be closed on this forum?

I look forwards to a few minor improvements . Its nearly perfect as far as I'm concerned. Just need to get XML fixed and maybe allow inclusion of the weather suite.

TTFN
Old 01-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Note: mlbdude has stated here that he is no longer going to be developing this STV. Watter posted here that he has adopted this STV project and will be continuing its development. This thread is now closed.

Please continue discussion of this STV in the thread Watter started for this purpose: SageMC Part 2.

- Andy

P.S. The recent XML movie info discussion was split to this thread: SageMC: XML movie info
Closed Thread