SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Sage Expert

Sage really needs a Keep at Most setting

Hi all... There are a few shows that I always like to have a few recordings available. However, if I set them as a Favorite it records up to 10 a day. It would be really nice if SageTV had a "Keep at Most" setting so you could keep 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or all of a show. Also, a "Save until I delete" would be nice too
Old 06-05-2003, 02:46 AM

I third the "Keep at Most" request. I like to record several hours of different shows through out the week, to watch on the weekend. Nothing is worse than coming home to find out that a marathon of a "favourite" show has pushed other shows recorded earlier off the list. Especially when you are looking forward to that show. Holidays are notorious for this. I know I can move shows to the library, but on monday I don't always know what I'll want to watch on the weekend. As far as marking shows as watched it helps, but is not perfect. I like to watch Law&Order, even the old episodes I may have just seen. At the same time I don't want all 18 hours of it there on saturday.

The "Save Until I Delete" is also badly needed. It's perfect for when you don't like a show, but your spouse does. My wife uses this feature on our Tivo to record her Christopher Lowell shows. Then she'll set down on the weekend and watch her own minimarathon, while I'm on the Internet.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

I asked for this when v1.0 came out, but there were more important things on the list.

I would really like to see this happen too. Now that recording time padding is in there, after that this gets added I will finally have pretty much the same features I had using WinXP MCE.

All in due time. Keep up the good work.

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by justme
I third the "Keep at Most" request. I like to record several hours of different shows through out the week, to watch on the weekend. Nothing is worse than coming home to find out that a marathon of a "favourite" show has pushed other shows recorded earlier off the list. Especially when you are looking forward to that show. Holidays are notorious for this. I know I can move shows to the library, but on monday I don't always know what I'll want to watch on the weekend. As far as marking shows as watched it helps, but is not perfect. I like to watch Law&Order, even the old episodes I may have just seen. At the same time I don't want all 18 hours of it there on saturday.

The "Save Until I Delete" is also badly needed. It's perfect for when you don't like a show, but your spouse does. My wife uses this feature on our Tivo to record her Christopher Lowell shows. Then she'll set down on the weekend and watch her own minimarathon, while I'm on the Internet.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Sage User

Oh man do I need this feature. It's just how people moving over from Tivo's and Replay's are used to working, especially if they have kids.