SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-01-2004, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Minor annoyance with multiple tuners

Here is my setup (SageTV Server:3200+ATHLONXP - Win2K workstation):
1. PVR-250 with analog TV Tuner signal (channels 2-78 locally) encoder_merit=5 no cable box

2. PVR-250MCE with digital composite signal (channels 2-431 locally) encoder_merit=4 cable box #1

3. PVR-250MCE with digital composite signal (channels 2-431 locally) encoder_merit=3 cable box #2

The names of the analog cable and digital cable are amost the same one just has digital at the end. When I go to setup wizard in the setup menu and check the channels loaded each tuner has the above channel lineups.

Now the problem: every so often I get a digital channel scheduled on the analog TV Tuner. To get it to not do this I schedule something I don't want at the same time in the lower 78 channels and the digital show switches to one of the digital tuners. If I do this and then delete the analog unwanted show the digital switches back to the analog tuner. Any ideas on what I have configured wrong that might cause this?

My system has been working for a couple of months now and most of the time there is no problem. I haven't tried reinstalling the tuners and SageTV yet since I need a time with several hours available and don't want to miss something I have sceduled if I can help it.

Suggestions are welcome.

BobP.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Administrator

It could be a channel that is a copy of the same channel that is aired both on a low channel number via analog cable & a higher channel on the digital cable. SageTV combines them into a single listing in the LiveTV Guide under one of the names. It sounds like one the digital lineups have naming priority for whatever reason, so those duplicate channels have the digital name.

For one of those upper channels that you see scheduled on the analog cable's tuner, try watching that channel live while nothing is being recorded on that tuner. Since it has highest priority, the live playback should start on the analog tuner. While it is playing, look at your scheduled recordings list (the yellow outlined one for the current time) to confirm that it is actually playing from the analog tuner.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, will try that tomorrow night when I'm not recording something to the analog channel if I can get it to actually try recording a digital channel on the analog tuner. I haven't seen a pattern and as far as I know none of the channels that I have been recording off of digital are duplicated in the lower channels but anything is possible. The worst thing is I can never seem to reproduce it on demand just once in a while.

Thanks again.
BobP.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Well I was up last night when the problem digital program was to record and I saw interesting results.

When the show started recording (I left the analog recording going until I was sure the digital would be on the right tuner) Sage finally told me that I had a recording conflict. It said it was with a favorite that I did not set so I went and checked intelligent recording - still off like I wanted. Checked favorites and scrolled through the 16 in the list but it wasn't listed. So I just went back to the currently recording guide and selected the show and clicked on "Favorite Options" and removed it. Still not sure where it came from but that does explain why it wanted to put the digital on the analog tuner - at least some what anyway. The favorite that I didn't select was on an analog channel - the lowest one in fact. Will try your suggestions tomorrow however and see if I can make it occur again. Learned one thing with this however, will check the confict screen even if the icon doesn't show up in the title bar because I probably could have resolved my problems by just going there first.

Thanks.
BobP.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Administrator

??? I don't understand how you can have a favorite that isn't listed on the Favorites Manager screen, so I don't know what to say about the rest of that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Thought that would get your attention. This has got to be something I'm doing so will try this again the next time this happens. Will be upgrading to 2.1 soon anyway and maybe I won't see it again anyway.

Thanks for your help.
BobP.