SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:34 PM

Thumbs up Hauppauge new 45 button remote control for sale

You get rigth here
Click here to buy

Last edited by SHS; 11-06-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Sage Icon

Cool. As soon as it is supported in Matt's MediaMVP I'll probably pick up two of them.

Guess we'll have to wait for a new dongle.bin that supports it...

I like the button layout though.

Jason Bottjen
Old 11-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for posting that! i just programmed girder to use the older IR remote that came with my hauppauge wintv pvr 250. this, after using 2 ATI remote wonders (too many buttons, and too many poorly-labelled buttons for gf to use easily. but ati's RF remote signal is quite strong) and a snapstream firefly remote (interference so bad not really useable.)

that new remote is only $14 !

$8 ground shipping, $15 two-day. woohoo!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Sage Icon

Do you know if it is still an OEM through Phillips like the previous remote that comes with the 250 cards?

I had to move off the Hauppauge Remote because it conflicted with my Phillips TV ...
Old 11-07-2004, 07:02 AM

I find out mightyt
Old 11-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Administrator

It uses the same Philips RC5 IR protocol as both of Hauppauge's older remotes. The old black one uses system code 0 (which intereferes with many Philips TVs), the old silver/grey one uses system code 31 (which _shouldn't_ interfere, but some have said it does), and the newest one uses system code 30 (which, again, shouldn't interfere, but who knows how the TVs look at the codes it gets).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:59 PM

Yup I got word back as what Opus4 is saying would be ture so the only thing you can do mightyt is get one and try it.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks SHS and Opus4 ...

I suspect I would end up with the same results ... I'll just keep using the ATI until I either change TV's or maybe go with the Firefly at some point ...

T.

Last edited by mightyt; 11-14-2004 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

hey mightyt-

you can buy my firefly off me. it's brand new but doesn't seem to work well for me due to interference. (i'm losing about 10% of the keypresses.) i'm not trying to sell it really, in fact i'm not happy with it b/c of the interference which seems to be a not uncommon problem.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

I currently use the remote that came with my PVR-250 cards.. I also use USB-UIRT with the SageClient to view my recordings.. Does anybody have a mapping for the Hauppauge Remote that I could add/import? I haven't been able to manually program Sage to perfectly map that remote to the way it would map if I had the 250 cards installed locally..

Thanks!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

I am currently using ATI's RF remote wonder. what would i need to do to change to an IR type remote ie. do the remotes come with a IR receiver? I currently have the actisys IR 200L for switching channels but I think that is only a sender.
thanks
JUC
Old 11-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I currently use the remote that came with my PVR-250 cards.. I also use USB-UIRT with the SageClient to view my recordings.. Does anybody have a mapping for the Hauppauge Remote that I could add/import? I haven't been able to manually program Sage to perfectly map that remote to the way it would map if I had the 250 cards installed locally..

Thanks!!!
stuntman, i'm using the same IR remote from hauppauge that came with my pvr-250. i send signals to my USB-UIRT (which seems to pick them up from quite far away) and via the usb-uirt girder plugin. then i'm using the sendmessage program for sage that allows girder to send windows messages directly to sagetv without messing around (anymore) with keypress mapping. if you want my GML file i'll gladly email it. just pm me. or ask me questions about it here i'm glad to help-

fodder
Old 11-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

juc- i just ordered the new (like updated within the past few weeks) IR remote from hauppauge mentioned at the start of this thread. it should arrive tomorrow but i do not think it's got an IR receiver. i'm planning on using the USB-UIRT IR-receiver i already own. that receiver works perfectly with the current hauppauge IR remote i'm using right now.

but i don't know why you'd switch from the ati remote wonder RF remote. i specifically ditched it b/c it's poorly labelled and has too many buttons. just too hard to use and i want something extremely simple. but i do miss the great distance that the ati remote got.

-fodder
Old 11-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyfodder
i just ordered the new IR remote from hauppauge ... but i do not think it's got an IR receiver.
I know you are using a USB-UIRT, but just in case that comment makes anyone else wonder about this... the new remote doesn't need a new receiver. You can use it with the current Hauppauge IR receiver -- you just have to update the IR software, or at least modify/download irremote.ini to use this remote's codes.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:14 AM
Sage Icon

I was thinking of switching because I would like a remote that can control both my PC as well as my other devices (receiver, tv...). I think the Niveus (maybe spelled wrong) has both RF and IR--might be a good option.
JUC
Old 11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

i think the niveus is like the x10/ati remote wonder in that it has RF only. should be easy to find out

i thought that the ati remote wonder II, however, does support both RF and learnable IR. can't look em up now though i'm "working".
Old 11-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Sage Expert

niveus has both.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

those goofballs! i ordered the above remote and they sent me the old one! carp! well we'll see how they handle this one. it's gonna cost me more to send it back than to just eat it. grr....
Old 11-14-2004, 03:16 PM

Just let I post new MVP update today which is saying in Release Notes: New remote control support but I dosen't have one so I can't test it so any else has one can please on weahter not it work.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Sage Icon

Awesome. I think I'll order a couple of them then.

I would assume to get it to work with Matt's Sage front end would be to swap out dongle.bin's...

Maybe I should verify that before ordering.. Hmm...

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
Just let I post new MVP update today which is saying in Release Notes: New remote control support but I dosen't have one so I can't test it so any else has one can please on weahter not it work.